Mail Down Again?

Started by Tacitus, Aug 31, 2008, 15:04:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Tacitus

Have sent msgs from various addresses to X@idnet.com and they're not being received.

Anyone else had any bother?

Rik

None here, Tac, I've had about 200 today on my IDNet addresses. PM me and I'll give you a couple to try.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Dopamine

I have one idnet.com address still in use and all messages to it from a variety of sources are taking between 20 minutes and 4 hours to arrive.

This problem first started sometime yesterday afternoon/evening.

Tacitus

Quote from: Dopamine on Aug 31, 2008, 15:18:18
I have one idnet.com address still in use and all messages to it from a variety of sources are taking between 20 minutes and 4 hours to arrive.

This problem first started sometime yesterday afternoon/evening.

Looks as though there is something wrong then - again.  At this rate I foresee another departure  :(

Ray

No problem here, just tried my 2 idnet.com addresses and messages were deliver back to me in less than a minute.
Ray
--------------------

Dopamine

I'm not an expert at reading message headers, but can see nothing untoward in any of mine. It doesn't appear to be a grey-listing problem this time, as the headers in all messages say "domain auto-whitelisted by SQLgrey-1.6.8".

Fortunately I learnt my lesson last time and moved all urgent mail away from IDNet, but it's frustrating and disappointing none-the-less.

Rik

A quick check suggests that mail 'internal' to IDNet is not affected but mail from other domains is. I've raised it with support.
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Same here just tested mine, all OK. I rarely use mine anyway.
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Steve

I would agree Rik 20 minutes and still waiting from my external domain
Steve
------------

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Tacitus

Quote from: Rik on Aug 31, 2008, 15:30:20
A quick check suggests that mail 'internal' to IDNet is not affected but mail from other domains is. I've raised it with support.

OK Rik - thanks for the help.

Ray

Quote from: Rik on Aug 31, 2008, 15:30:20

Same here, Rik, "internal ok" but mail from domain still waiting, was forgetting on my previous post that the Outlook "test mail" doesn't use your default mail addy to send, it uses the one you are testing.  :doh:
Ray
--------------------

Rik

That gets me regularly, Ray. ;)
Rik
--------------------

Ted

Not only is mail down again but more importantly someone appears to have walked off with the Deja Vu smiley. :hide:
Ted
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

David

That smiley retired a while ago Ted....I think my mail is ok...I will send one and test it
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

David

No Ted just sent one to myself from my googlemail and it got through and instant cc here  

whoops hope I have not mislead you Ted..... :blush:
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Ted

Ted

Rik

Interesting, David. I'm still waiting for a test from my domain at 30+ minutes, but I know the domain is sending OK from other recipients.
Rik
--------------------

Rik

Rik
--------------------

David

Im confused now......................sorry Ted I thought this smiley had gone  :miss: :shrug:

Ted

Quote from: Rik on Aug 31, 2008, 15:56:49
Interesting, David. I'm still waiting for a test from my domain at 30+ minutes, but I know the domain is sending OK from other recipients.
About 35mins from my domain and counting. I bet it doesn't last long ;)
Ted

Ted

Quote from: badpianoplayer on Aug 31, 2008, 15:59:51
Im confused now......................sorry Ted I thought this smiley had gone  :miss: :shrug:

It had. Rik supplied the code. ;D
Ted

Ray

Quote from: Rik on Aug 31, 2008, 15:56:49

Mine's 29 minutes and still waiting.
Ray
--------------------

David

Quote from: Ted on Aug 31, 2008, 16:00:09
About 35mins from my domain and counting. I bet it doesn't last long ;)

My reply and cc took about 5 secs and it may have been quicker Im having to manually check mail