web mail

Started by Baz, Sep 01, 2008, 08:58:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebby

Quote from: Simon on Sep 02, 2008, 20:52:59
I'm happy with Sea Monkey and Thunderbird.  I don't generally like changing mail clients, because a lot of the time, you can't transfer mail from one program to another.

And when you can, it's a long and painful process! :laugh:

Simon

Indeed!   My last switch was from Incredimail, and I ended up sending 3000+ emails to myself!  ;D
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Inactive

Quote from: Simon on Sep 02, 2008, 22:41:02
Indeed!   My last switch was from Incredimail, and I ended up sending 3000+ emails to myself!  ;D

;D How sad is that?.... ;D
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

jaydub

I'm a Thunderbird man.  I have a few minor niggles with it, but I find it far better than OE and I really don't want all the functionality in Outlook.

Simon

Simon.
--

Baz

as a sort of follow on to this, does anything need to be set up for the email address in the way of filters/spam settings or the like. One of my accounts is not getting emails which I hoped would get through, they are getting put into the junk folder straight away.

Rik

Go to your accounts page and sign in, Baz. The select email, choose the account and set the filtering there. You can turn spam filtering off completely, or whitelist the sender.
Rik
--------------------

Baz

ah right hadnt looked at that yet. Thanks Rik.

would this need to be done for each addy or is it global.

whitelist is the ones you want to receive  is it?

is there any help files anywhere for this.

Rik

Each addy has its own settings, Baz. I don't think there's much in the way of help files, but the whitelist is for the good guys and the blacklist for the bad. I'm amazed that no-one has complained to the CRE! ;)
Rik
--------------------