Ethernet via electrical points any good?

Started by mrapoc, Oct 12, 2008, 20:32:18

Previous topic - Next topic

mrapoc

Parents are moaning about the ethernet cable iv got coming from downstairs to my room.

Wireless is out  of the question as I game quite a bit - high pings are a no go.

Are those electrical point ethernet solutions any good?

Whats considered the best bit of kit/bundle?

I dont know anything about it...never really crossed my mind

kinmel

Solwise always gives unbiased advice on such things, so their view is worth a read, whilst I buy their kit you can find plenty of other retailers too
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?

Steve

Solwise Homeplugs 85Mbps for me as well for LAN , use a couple of 200AV for streaming to PS3. The 200 AV can coexist on the same network but cannot talk to the 85's
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

mrapoc

ahh so different types..

which would be best to act as a general "bridge" for like...all traffic?

Ill have it so 1 is downstairs and the router will go straight to it..

The other in my room, attached to my old speedtouch (as a switch) to which my pc, my ps3 and anything else i happen to be working with/playing on lol

Sebby

The main thing you need to consider is the speed you want. If you're going to be streaming, go for something quick. If it's just "general" use, you could probably go with a slightly slower one. Otherwise, they're much of a muchness I think. :)

Inactive

Brilliant bit of kit, they really are plug and play.
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.