O2 ADSL2+

Started by SiPhi, Oct 14, 2008, 21:15:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

Quote from: DarkStar on Oct 15, 2008, 12:03:25
Nearly got banned from one forum for not sticking to the original posted subject.  :whistle:

As Simon says, we don't worry to much about going off topic, Ian, in fact we worry when we do, it usually means there's a problem. :) You missed Bert Jansch from your list...  ;)
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

DarkStar

Talking of food, I was late up this morning, had to go to the dentist and then the Doctors for another blood test, didn't have time for any breakfast so was something hungry by the time I got home at 11.30. A quick bowl of porridge when I got home and toast to follow about 2ish. Getting hungry again already. :choc:

ian
Ian

Rik

They have trouble finding my veins, Ian - five attempts last time. :( Luckily, though, I didn't have to starve first.
Rik
--------------------

David

If you had been to the dentist Ian you should not be hungry.its a filling experience surely,anyway you know the drill.sorry but by gum your welcome here as long as you keep to the root of the thread other wise it may be felt you have a nerve,trying to extract something else here.....just pulling your tooth
sorry leg :karma: :welc2:
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Rik

I think this thread is decaying...
Rik
--------------------

David

Needs capping I think  ;D
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

DarkStar

The dentist says I have more filling than tooth in my mouth but only a check up this morning. When I go for a blood test nowadays they can't stop it bleeding once they've managed to find a vein. Once when i went they had just started drawing the blood out and the vein collapsed, took nearly half an hour to get enough for a test. Nurse says "do you feel alright"  :bawl:
Got to laugh though

Ian
Ian

Rik

I know how you feel on both counts, Ian. I suffered from 'South African Trench' dentistry, as it became known, while all my veins quietly hide when they see a needle. I don't mind blood tests, but I do get tense about not being able to produce a vein, which doesn't help, of course. We should have little taps fitted. ;)
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

I could give you a tap on the shoulder. ;)
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

ducky22

I actually plan to move to Be* at the end of the month. I've read mostly good things.

The fact there's no year contract means I can move back to IDNet (or Zen...) if necessary. The lure of 14-16mbit is just too much now a days! That 40mb .exe file just doesn't download quick enough on 8mbit! hehe.

I have (and continue to have intermittantly) problems with packet loss and latency with IDNet but they're still a cut above plusnet, ukonline etc.

Sebby

Quote from: ducky22 on Oct 15, 2008, 13:31:18
The fact there's no year contract means I can move back to IDNet (or Zen...) if necessary.

Only on Unlimited and Pro (but no doubt you would have gone for one of those anyway), plus you have to give 3 month's notice. :)

somanyholes

does anyone know if you have to use betheres router on be or use your own?

Sebby

You can use your own. :)

QuoteCan I use my own modem?
Yes, you can, but as the Be Box is provided free of charge to all members, you'd be silly not to accept our generous offer. We may also not be able to support other modems and access devices. Certain features of our service may also not work if you're not using our Be Box.

I'm not convinced it's true that some things won't work. After all, the Be Box is just a SpeedTouch 585v7 in fancy dress. :P

somanyholes

cheers sebby, have been umming and arrghing about them for a while......

zappaDPJ

Quote from: Sebby on Oct 15, 2008, 13:55:11

I'm not convinced it's true that some things won't work. After all, the Be Box is just a SpeedTouch 585v7 in fancy dress. :P

That is almost the case except you won't in theory get the same level of support if you use your own modem and Be* have recently informed members that they have started to upload files to the Be* box in order to provide better support. This didn't go down too well with a lot of members.

I stopped using their modem because I found the excessive heat levels it produced to be quite alarming but I did have to revert back to it in order to post my stats on support tickets. In general though you can use any modem you like.
zap
--------------------

Sebby

Thanks for that. :)

Tacitus

Quote from: somanyholes on Oct 15, 2008, 13:37:49
does anyone know if you have to use betheres router on be or use your own?

AFAIK you can use any but some, notably Draytek, seem to give problems.  I don't think Be use the standard ADSL settings (VC, 0, 38), but someone else probably knows more about that than I do.

Might be worth hopping over to the Be forum on TB.   :)

Gary

Quote from: Tacitus on Oct 18, 2008, 14:47:46
AFAIK you can use any but some, notably Draytek, seem to give problems.  I don't think Be use the standard ADSL settings (VC, 0, 38), but someone else probably knows more about that than I do.

Might be worth hopping over to the Be forum on TB.   :)
you can use any router, no password needed its mac related. settings are LLC, 0, 101 with mtu at 1500, be and O2 work well with broadcom chipsets :) :)
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Gary

Quote from: Sebby on Oct 15, 2008, 13:55:11

I would never use a speedtouch 585 V7 if you paid me Sebby ;)

Rik

How about if someone else paid you?  ;D
Rik
--------------------

Gary

Quote from: Rik on Oct 18, 2008, 15:14:35
How about if someone else paid you?  ;D
Nope, but I have a door that needs a wedge ;D

Sebby

Quote from: Killhippie on Oct 18, 2008, 15:12:12
I would never use a speedtouch 585 V7 if you paid me Sebby ;)

No chance of that. :P

Why don't you like it? It has your favourite chipset. ;)

Gary

Quote from: Sebby on Oct 18, 2008, 17:26:28
No chance of that. :P

Why don't you like it? It has your favourite chipset. ;)
but no gravy :P Its not just the chipset Sebby its whats built around it, and what version of the chipset, as I said, no gravy