BT iplate

Started by Glenn, Oct 15, 2008, 11:18:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

Has anyone used an iPlate, I was wondering if it is worth a try on a noisy slowish line http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/Reviews.asp?ProductID=7256
Glenn
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Rik

I think it's cheaper to just remove the ring wire manually, Glenn.
Rik
--------------------

Sebby

It's aimed at those that can't fit a filtered faceplate because they need to site their router at another socket. It's effect is the same as moving the ring wire. A filtered faceplate is still the best option, if possible.

Glenn

OK I guess the wire cutters come out over the weekend, I don't need the extensions anyway all my phones are cordless
Glenn
--------------------

Rik

Even if they weren't, In, you don't need the ringwire.
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Quote from: Rik on Oct 15, 2008, 11:39:57
Even if they weren't, In, you don't need the ringwire.

You getting on obsession Rik?... ;D " In " hasn't posted on this thread. ( well until now ).. ;D
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

It's the red in the avatar, In.  :blush:
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Quote from: Rik on Oct 15, 2008, 11:54:43
It's the red in the avatar, In.  :blush:

Well I had mine before Glenn..I rest my case..  ;D
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Glenn

Quote from: Inactive on Oct 15, 2008, 12:16:46

Mines more fun though :D
Glenn
--------------------

Rik

Quote from: Inactive on Oct 15, 2008, 12:16:46

It's what happens when I switch to the notebook, In, it's just too small a screen. :)
Rik
--------------------

Rik

Quote from: Glenn on Oct 15, 2008, 12:19:33
Mines more fun though :D

It's certainly more animated. ;)
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Sebby

Quote from: Glenn on Oct 15, 2008, 11:37:38
OK I guess the wire cutters come out over the weekend, I don't need the extensions anyway all my phones are cordless

There's no need to cut the wires - just pull them out of the terminals. You don't need to get rid of extension wiring, just remove the ring wire. :)

Myst

Can something like the I plate or simply cutting the ring wire make that kind of difference? and if so which is the ringwire?
Growing old is compulsory, Growing up is optional

Simon

This is techie territory, so I'm out, but you might find some useful info in the forum FAQs, here, Myst.  :)
Simon.
--

Sebby

Yes it can. The iPlate and removing the ring wire is effective the same thing, by the way.

The ring wire is connected to terminal 3; you need to remove it on every socket. It usually makes a huge difference. Perhaps a slightly better solution is to fit a filtered faceplate, but that can only be done at the master socket, which means the router would need to be sited at the master socket. Obviously this isn't feasible for everyone.

Myst

You guys are quick, there is a real world outside btw :D

At most that would be two; master and one i connect to upstairs phones are handheld

seriously though ty

Sebby

No problem. You'll find me around a lot in the evening because I can't come on much in the day. :)

Myst

I'm usually the same although most days i tend to get on at work occasionally. I'm more a night owl, tend to be found playing Call of Duty or similar until the early hours. Just a pain getting awakened at 6 each morning

Sebby

I find it difficult getting up at 7-something! I'm also a night person... I'd stay up all night if I didn't have to get up early. :)

Myst

Yeah, having to go to work is so inconsiderate  ;D

Rik

Myst, I'm afraid I have to take you to task for mentioning the W word. Many of us here feel that it is in exceedingly bad taste, but we think of the rest of you as we turn over in the morning and stay in bed a while longer. ;D
Rik
--------------------

Myst

Even on a weekend  i don't tend to lie in much, my youngest daughter is usually plodding around by 7 which tends to wake me up. Roll on her being a teenager and she might take after her sis and laze in bed till midday :)

Rik

Not long to wait then. ;D
Rik
--------------------

Myst