Coming to IDNet

Started by Boypete, Jan 03, 2007, 20:55:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Boypete

Hi, this is my first post here. After four and a half years with Pipex, I have decided to move ISP's. After much research, I decided in IDNet. I phoned this afternoon, and within 30 seconds was answered by a human.........yep, no machine telling me to press this or that. My questions were all answered competently by a pleasant young lady. I then phoned Pipex for a MAC key......huh!! 15 mins on hold, then a further 15 mins because their system was 'playing up'. MAC will be with me in 72 hours...... afew days later, I hope to be posting Via IDNet. So far, I'm impressed. :)
Boypete
ßôyþëtë

William

You've met Miriam then!

maxping

Quote from: Boypete on Jan 03, 2007, 20:55:46
15 mins on hold, then a further 15 mins because their system was 'playing up'. MAC will be with me in 72 hours

Jeez m8 that sucks , when i left F2S i phoned and was sent it by email within 10 mins, i would phone back and give them some stick.

stevelondon

Hi Boypete welcome and hope your migration in goes well  ;)

Boypete

Eventually got my MAC code this morning. Tried to sign up via the website, but when I get to the end of the procedure and click 'purchase', the progress bar at the bottom of my screen goes about half way and stops. Will have to try by phone next week. :)
ßôyþëtë

Rik

You'll enjoy talking to Tim. :)
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Boypete

Hey, I phoned this afternoon, phone answered instantly. Nice guy, don't remember his name. Yep, my online application DID go through. Changeover will be Thursday around 6pm. Now got email with account/connection details. Does it stay this good?? :)
ßôyþëtë

maxping

Quote from: Boypete on Jan 08, 2007, 19:57:54
Now got email with account/connection details. Does it stay this good?? :)

Yes, you may have  read the ping thread but brelieve me its very unusual to see users having problems , the forums are usually fairly quiet.

Boypete

Quote from: maxping on Jan 08, 2007, 20:24:51
Yes, you may have  read the ping thread but brelieve me its very unusual to see users having problems , the forums are usually fairly quiet.
Ok, ta. I am not too worried about pings, but my lad plays Counter Strike source.......he'll be moaning if it's bad :) I'm more interested in a reliable connection, which was about that only good thing about Pipex.
ßôyþëtë

maxping

To be honest the only thing i can remember thats ever been a problem is pings, we had a bit of trouble a few months ago with high pings and they settled down again, at the moment a few of us are having issues but i expect all will be well within a day or two.

stevelondon

Hey, I phoned this afternoon, phone answered instantly. Nice guy, don't remember his name. Yep, my online application DID go through. Changeover will be Thursday around 6pm. Now got email with account/connection details. Does it stay this good?? :)

Im afraid it does scary innit  ;) ;D

Nerval

Changeover will be Thursday around 6pm.

It's normally in the early hours of the morning on changeover day that it happens.  BT tend to do it so you can get up in the morning and log straight on to your new ISP.
They say 6pm just in case it's delayed, but I've never come across it being that late.

Rik

Oh yes you have. :)

You may recall that BT screwed up and I was delayed until 9am the following morning. Miriam was great at chasing up BT, Simon emailed me at 4:34am on the morning after, to see if I had got across, and then again just after 9, as soon as he saw me come online. (Should I re-phrase that? ;) )
Rik
--------------------

Nerval

lol
But Rik, you're ALWAYS the exception that proves the rule  :laugh:

Rik

Strange, I just posted a message to that effect over on TB. :)
Rik
--------------------

Nerval

You're unusually early today.  Can't you sleep?  :laugh:

Rik

Two reasons, I haven't got the migraine I've had for the past couple of weeks, so I can actually read the monitor, and I had to order my repeat meds, which needs to be done first thing (bumper list, I gave my GP a month off in December :) ).
Rik
--------------------

Lance

Quote from: rikbean on Jan 09, 2007, 08:42:45
I haven't got the migraine I've had for the past couple of weeks

The kids gone back to school then!?!?!

Glad its cleared up m8
Lance
_____

Rik

As it happens, yes, but they weren't mine. ;) And thanks...
Rik
--------------------

Boypete

Quote from: Nerval on Jan 09, 2007, 07:20:19
It's normally in the early hours of the morning on changeover day that it happens.  BT tend to do it so you can get up in the morning and log straight on to your new ISP.
They say 6pm just in case it's delayed, but I've never come across it being that late.

Well that was painless enough. Altered my router settings last night and rebooted. Bingo!! Whizzing along at between 3.5 and 4 Meg. :)
ßôyþëtë

stevelondon

mine was 4.30 pm ish

Glad ur migration went ok Pete

maxping

Quote from: Boypete on Jan 13, 2007, 13:45:15
Well that was painless enough. Altered my router settings last night and rebooted. Bingo!! Whizzing along at between 3.5 and 4 Meg. :)

Welcome aboard  ;)

Inactive

Quote from: Boypete on Jan 13, 2007, 13:45:15

Welcome...  ;)
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Nerval

Glad you made it ok Boypete.
It's a bit of an anticlimax really when it just happens like that.  I'd expected thunder, lightning and rainbows.   :laugh: