Connection and Sync Speed problem

Started by captainpud, Nov 09, 2008, 11:27:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Baz

sorry to hijack this thread but if youve had a drop in sync and you leave it to right itself for 14 days will the sync go back to what you had before or not.

Rik

There are two separate issues, Baz.

If you have a drop in sync, it may impact on your profile, and this will take up to five days to recover. This is the most common experience.

If you have a number of drops, particularly a cluster close together, then the BT software may decide the line is unstable and increase the target margin to try and stabilise things.

In the first instance, you need do very little apart from wait for the profile to recover. In the second case, you need to wait 14+ days, then re-boot the router to force a re-sync. Unfortunately, the exact timing (if there is one) isn't known, so re-boot too early and nothing happens except that you reset the 'clock' to zero again.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Baz

captainpud

So my original sync was 8032k for about 18 months, after the problems I have been in the test socket and getting 6656k for about 30 days, no disconnections. Yesterday I rebooted the router, and it went down to about 6100k so I rebooted again and it was about 6400k. So I left it until this morning and the reboot this morning dropped me to 6000k, so tried once more and I am now on 6304K. Solid connection for 30 days which is well over the 14 mentioned and my NM has never dropped from 15 back to the 12 it was originally at.

All equipment has been replaced including new modem and all new cables. So what now as I am really not happy and the sync still seems unstable. Something must be wrong somewhere, what do I do?

Thanks

Paul

Rik

Have a word with support, Paul, see if they can nudge BT.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

captainpud

Quote from: Rik on Dec 13, 2008, 10:46:49
Have a word with support, Paul, see if they can nudge BT.

OK will do, thanks Rik.