Good news for online shoppers...

Started by Lance, Nov 13, 2008, 16:15:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance

Well, for some of them and depending on what it is they're buying anyway!

The BBC is reporting that the customs duty is to be increased from 22 euros to 150 euros, effective from 1st December.
Lance
_____

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Rik

That is good news, as I regularly buy from the Channel Islands (I wonder if this has anything to do with the 7dayshop's change of postage?).
Rik
--------------------

J!ll

:thumb: I recently ordered from http://www.daysoftlenses.com/GB/CountryHomepage.aspx Channel Islands! very impressed, ordered late Tuesday and arrived Friday half an hour before leaving home for my cruise!  :thumb: fantastic!

Inactive

It may be good news for shoppers, but it is bad news for jobs in the UK, how many more online sales companies will go to Jersey/Guernsey?
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

Something I was quietly mulling, In. Many already have 'branch' operations, of course.
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Indeed they do Rik, Amazon being one of the more recent ones.

TBH, I cannot see the logic in this move when we are seeing a daily increase in job losses.

To allow the Channel Islands etc. an effective tax break like this doesn't add up to me.
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

The timing does seem odd, doesn't it.  :(
Rik
--------------------

Simon

Brilliant news!  Now I can buy those Blu ray box sets! 
Simon.
--