How daft can you get?

Started by Noreen, Nov 15, 2008, 18:43:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Noreen

QuoteAn American woman has revealed how she was swindled out of $400,000 (£269,000) by Nigerian internet fraudsters, in what is believed to be one of the biggest cases of its kind ever recorded.....................

Despite advice from bank officials, police and even the FBI that the scheme was a ruse, Spears said she continued to send cash in the hope of a large pay-off. Even fake emails claiming to be from the President of Nigeria and US president George Bush could not dissuade her.................
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/nov/15/internet-usa

john

As they say ' a fool and their money are soon parted'.

It's difficult to have much sympathy for her as these scams are quite well known and she even refused to listen to bank officials and the FBI.

Lance

She deserves it! Its plain stupid to believe that you are getting emails from the presidents and going against the advice of the bank and fbi.
Lance
_____

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Inactive

The real give away was thinking that GWB could actually operate a computer, surely that should have convinced her. ;)
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Colin Burns

some things just crack you up and this has just hit the nail with a sledge hammer :eek4: :eek4: :eek4:

Rik

Like others, I have no sympathy for the woman, she really did know better but chose not to listen to that voice, imo.
Rik
--------------------

Simon

I agree with all of the above.  A triumph for sheer greed and stupidity, over common sense.
Simon.
--

Sebby

What more can I add? Quite unbelievable. :o

Ann

Well I'm cross with her.. it wasn't for the likes of her we wouldn't have to put up with all the spam that we receive.  They say that only one in two and half million need respond to make it worth their while, so that one needs hunting down.

Since some of the spammners got kicked off their ISP I've had none but I expect it to come back imminently.

john