New BT lines FREE

Started by Glenn, Nov 25, 2008, 21:22:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

BT are offering FREE installation on new lines between 24th November & 23rd December http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/public/current/Notice08_boo/NotificationPeriodImpl311039FrameworkImpl291580.htm It is subject to an 18 month contract
Glenn
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Sebby

Good deal, as long as you don't mind committing to 18 months (not a big deal, imo). :)

Rik

If anyone is thinking of getting a new line to improve their ADSL, this would be a good time.
Rik
--------------------

Simon

How would that work, Rik?  Would one then not end up paying for two lines?
Simon.
--

Rik

No, once the new line is active, move the ADSL on to it (sadly, that will cost), then cancel the old line.
Rik
--------------------

Simon

I'd be suprised if they haven't thought of a reason not to allow that.
Simon.
--

Rik

I couldn't see anything in the offer that would stop cancellation of another line.
Rik
--------------------

Steve

Surely its a bit of a gamble as the outcome is unknown? Then you will have paid an activation fee for ADSL and committed to that line for voice for 18 months
Steve
------------

Rik

You can specify the line is for ADSL use. If BT accept that condition, then you can claim breach of contract if it's no good, Steve.
Rik
--------------------

Steve

Yes I agree, but if its acceptable in BT's eyes and no better than the other line for ADSL, you've wasted your money? Am I correct in assuming a new line is only new to you and is only an addon to a bit of old copper up the road.
Steve
------------

Rik

It depends on the spare capacity. When I had a new line put in, they ran copper right from the cabinet to me, and it did improve things.
Rik
--------------------

Colin Burns

or the lapost in your street have all just been replaced inproves things alot eg 4mb sync to the full 8mb  though most of my problems were internal wireing