Online Banking

Started by psp83, Dec 10, 2008, 19:30:01

Previous topic - Next topic

psp83

Hi All..

Since last night i am having trouble with accessing online banking.

Is anyone else having problems with http://www.nwolb.com/ ? It takes ages to load and sometimes doesn't load.

Paul

Baz

does seem to be taking longer than normal  :dunno:

Sebby

Could it be DNS? Try OpenDNS.

Simon

Very slow here too, although I don't usually use it, as I'm not with NatWest.  I'm getting this too, which I haven't seen for a while:

The Internet browser you are using is not supported by online banking. Use the link below to see the complete list of browsers we support.

:dunno:
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

psp83

thanks.

i will contact idnet tomorrow as loading the site is fast on my works connection.

Dopamine

Can't access Halifax online or Natwest banking, Windows messenger is taking an age to sign in too. All sites work immediately when accessed through a proxy. Good old IDNet.  :(

Simon

Halifax and NatWest both working for me now, except NW still doesn't like my browser.
Simon.
--

Lance

I did have a problem with Natwest yesterday, but at the time i thought it was my pc running slow.
Lance
_____

vitriol

Slightly OT

Speedtest

Great speed but browsing is painfull at the moment, getting some page load errors, other pages taking 10-30 seconds to appear, IDNetters being one of them.  My post about the disgracefull behaviour in Parliament took ages to go through.

I use IDNet's DNS as primary and Open DNS as secondary (in my router)

The weird thing is it's not consistant.

Time to give the DNS server a kick? 

Simon

I'll alert IDNet to the thread.
Simon.
--

Lance

Thanks Simon. For what its worth, i've not noticed any problems surfing tonight using idnet dns.
Lance
_____

J!ll

Simon

I've not noticed any problems on any other sites, and I've been doing some Christmas shopping this evening.
Simon.
--

Sebby

It sounds like there's possibly some routing funnies going on.

Dopamine

Quote from: vitriol on Dec 10, 2008, 22:54:12
Slightly OT

Speedtest

Great speed but browsing is painfull at the moment, getting some page load errors, other pages taking 10-30 seconds to appear, IDNetters being one of them.  My post about the disgracefull behaviour in Parliament took ages to go through.

I use IDNet's DNS as primary and Open DNS as secondary (in my router)

The weird thing is it's not consistant.

Time to give the DNS server a kick? 

That's exactly the same symptoms I'm getting. Speed tests are always excellent, close to the maximum my line will support, but browsing is very, very slow, with quite a lot of failures. Even when pages do start to load, large pages take ages or time out, which doesn't sound like a DNS issue to me.

Now it's later in the evening the problem appears to have reduced quite a lot. My guess is it's a capacity issue again, but whether it's IDNet or elsewhere I no longer bother trying to guess. Everyone blames each other in this industry :(

I've also had a phone call from a friend also with IDNet but on a different exchange complaining of the same problems.

David

Just logged into my online bank  (Halifax) no problems.
Also followed the link no  problems here,hope it helps  :fingers:
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Simon

Well, it's no secret that IDNet have had some capacity issues, much of which was due to being shafted by the great BT, but things have been quite settled for some time now.  Maybe it's just due to increased traffic with people shopping online?  :dunno:

I've asked IDNet to let us know if they find anything.
Simon.
--

Inactive

Nationwide also on a go slow. :(
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Inactive

HSBC is fine.

I wonder if it may be related to the MS Update's?...then .. what do I know..  ;D
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

psp83

its seems to be only https:// playing up as http:// worked fine all night.

Natwest online banking is now loading fine, seems to play up between 6pm - 11pm for me.

Inactive

Nationwide is slow before the security pages. ;)

psp83

hmm, idnet trying to stop us loading online banking to save us money for xmas  ???

;D

Inactive

Rik

The NatWest link is fine for me. Nationwide have their own internal problems which they are working on - slowly!
Rik
--------------------

Simon

Simon has come back to me, saying he can't spot any obvious problems, but will keep monitoring.
Simon.
--