YouTube videos are pulling in serious money

Started by Noreen, Dec 11, 2008, 11:41:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Noreen

QuoteMaking videos for YouTube — for three years a pastime for millions of Web surfers — is now a way to make a living.

One year after YouTube, the online video powerhouse, invited members to become "partners" and added advertising to their videos, the most successful users are earning six-figure incomes from the Web site. For some, like Michael Buckley, the self-taught host of a celebrity chatter show, filming funny videos is now a full-time job................
http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/12/10/business/11youtube.php

Rik

Right, I'm just off out to buy a camcorder and some green cloth. ;)
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Ray

Quote from: Rik on Dec 11, 2008, 11:48:52
Right, I'm just off out to buy a camcorder and some green cloth. ;)

You mean you haven't already got one, Rik.  ;D :whistle:
Ray
--------------------

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Ray

Quote from: Rik on Dec 11, 2008, 12:04:03
Never had a need for one, Ray. :)

No, I probably wouldn't myself if I didn't have the dogs, it's useful when I am doing training or for someone else to film me and the dog in the show ring, much easier to see what you're doing wrong and how the dog is moving.  :)
Ray
--------------------

Rik

Our needs have always been met better by stills cameras, Ray, and most modern ones can do a passable bit of video when needed. I'm always a bit tempted though...
Rik
--------------------

Ray

Quote from: Rik on Dec 11, 2008, 12:15:39
Our needs have always been met better by stills cameras, Ray, and most modern ones can do a passable bit of video when needed. I'm always a bit tempted though...

This is very true, Rik.  :)
Ray
--------------------

Rik

Shall I give you the rest of my 'Santa' list now. ;D
Rik
--------------------

Ray

Quote from: Rik on Dec 11, 2008, 13:09:23
Shall I give you the rest of my 'Santa' list now. ;D

Only if I can send you mine.  ;D
Ray
--------------------

Rik

Indeed you can - I have space on the sleigh. :)
Rik
--------------------

Lance

My nokia n95 does dvd quality video and is actually quite good. A steady hand or a tripod is required though!
Lance
_____

Sebby

You have the tools, Lance, now use them. :P

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Sebby

David

I have a JVC    HDD Everio with docking station fantascti little camera  :thumb:
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Inactive

I seem to recall that Jill has one of them as well David.
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

David

Lets be honest In,if I can use it then it has to be easy.its a nice bit of kit though and although I have have a card installed there is masses of memory.I have the Everio  memory Station which is a one touch storage HD...with youngsters around I love to capture the moments and edit them later on....Im no expert in this field but the quality is first rate.

I am hopeing to get some videos of me playing on youtube next year I have a few numbers but they are no perfect yet but will post when they are on there.....
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

David

It will be on there,Joanne has been filming me. should give you a smile or two  :thumb:

Rik

Rik
--------------------

David

Just be kind with the critique though  :blush:

Inactive

Rik

;D

Us, unkind? How could you think such a thing, David. :)
Rik
--------------------

David

>:D >:D >:D

I do most songs in the style of the great leslie Dawson  ;D ;D