Entanets new peak times.

Started by VaderDSL, Dec 18, 2008, 18:53:46

Previous topic - Next topic

VaderDSL

Taken from thinkbroadband (ADSLguide)

QuoteStarting Midnight, Friday 2nd January 2009, the off-peak period for all xxxxx ADSL products will operate between 00:00hrs and 08:00hrs, 7 days a week. Peak hours will therefore operate between 08:00hrs and 00:00hrs, 7 days a week. The new peak and off-peak operating times are being implemented to bring the ADSL products in line with xxxxx ADSL2+ products.

Well well :) looks like it may signal the end of the previously generous off peak times with these ISPs. Frankly I've never been happier with IDNet, and the future looks good if/when BT eventually get cracking with 21CN or whatever they have abbreviated it to.
Already hearing mutterings of a lot of people leaving for the other ISPs that still offer the off peak weekends.

Simon

Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Sebby

I never thought it was a sustainable model...

Rik

Rik
--------------------

esh

Interesting. Entanet were the *other* ISP I was considering when moving, but I simply didn't trust how good the line would be later in the day given their (frankly unbelievable) data limits for the cost stated.
CompuServe 28.8k/33.6k 1994-1998, BT 56k 1998-2001, NTL Cable 512k 2001-2004, 2x F2S 1M 2004-2008, IDNet 8M 2008 - LLU 11M 2011

Rik

Rik
--------------------