Tiscali just can't help themselves!

Started by lee, Jan 16, 2009, 11:01:18

Previous topic - Next topic

lee

I'm sooo glad I got out from Pipex/Tiscali. It's as if there is some social experiment taking place where they are trying to see how long they can irritate as many people as possible before they lose all their business.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/3843-186k-users-cut-off-in-commercial-dispute.html
Lee
----------------------

Rik

It's another example of the industry trampling all over its customers, Lee. :(
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

trophymick

I've come from Tiscali, and I sympathise with their customers :bawl: Their customer care is abysmal, and their attitude.......................................don't get me going :no:
Mick

Rik

Quick, take a tablet and lay down, Mick. :)
Rik
--------------------

trophymick

Mick

Rik

Ah, that would be where you listen to the Bay City Rollers would it? ;D
Rik
--------------------

trophymick

Bye, bye baby......................... :eek4:
Mick

Rik

Rik
--------------------

cavillas

Looking at the post heading, If Tiscali can't help their customers then it's understandable they can't help themselves. ;D
------
Alf :)

David

Boy I made one good decision.....................when I left  :thumb:
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Rik

That's the one that all ex-customers make, David. ;D The second one is joining Netters, of course.  :thumb:
Rik
--------------------

David

I agree thats why Im still here,and the company of course  ;) ;D
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

David

Now now Rik,remeber your a Scot  ;D

cavillas

It's a bit ironic for you though Rik, a Scot who can't drink whisky.  ;D :pizza: :food2: :choc: :food:  But made up for in other ways. >:D
------
Alf :)

Sebby

I see the swear filter's broken again. :P

David

No its not I can post the word s**t  !  ;D

Rik

Quote from: cavillas on Jan 16, 2009, 13:14:42
It's a bit ironic for you though Rik, a Scot who can't drink whisky. 

I can now, Alf, though I still prefer food. :)
Rik
--------------------

zappaDPJ

Quote from: lee on Jan 16, 2009, 11:01:18It's as if there is some social experiment taking place where they are trying to see how long they can irritate as many people as possible before they lose all their business.

I see it a little differently. I think it's a case of screwing as much money out of their customers and for that matter their ex-customers until someone calls time and they are prosecuted of fraud.

As an example Tiscali have been recently been reactivating ex-customer accounts and then handing them over to a debt collection agency for non-payment.

As far as I know they still to this day have a tag on my phone line at my previous address even though I left them 18 months ago. I was supplied with 4 invalid MACs and was left with no Internet connection for months. I'm still receiving threatening letters from the debt collection agency even though they plundered my bank account and owe me a considerable amount of money.

There is no doubt in my mind that they are operating outside of the law but they seem to be able to get away with it.
zap
--------------------

Captain K

Ex Tiscali here too, and I've nearly been gone from them a whole year! 

They even phoned me and tried to pursuade me to come back, by guaranteeing an 8Mb connection speed.  When I asked the chap how he could possibly guarantee such a thing without knowing my attenuation and noise margin, he told me they didn't matter!  :o

Now either Tiscali had invented a revolutionary new way of squirting zeros and ones down a copper wire, or it was bulls**t.  Guess what I decided - go one, one guess.  ;D
Bruce.

I don't trust Camels.  Or any other creature that can go a week without a drink.

David

You took them up on their offer and now you are very happy to be back in the compound  ;) mind the dogs near the wire  :eek4:

Rik

Quote from: Captain K on Jan 17, 2009, 14:59:51
Now either Tiscali had invented a revolutionary new way of squirting zeros and ones down a copper wire, or it was bulls**t.  Guess what I decided - go one, one guess.  ;D

Bovine excrement? ;)
Rik
--------------------

Colin Burns

Quote from: zappaDPJ on Jan 17, 2009, 13:27:25
I see it a little differently. I think it's a case of screwing as much money out of their customers and for that matter their ex-customers until someone calls time and they are prosecuted of fraud.

As an example Tiscali have been recently been reactivating ex-customer accounts and then handing them over to a debt collection agency for non-payment.

As far as I know they still to this day have a tag on my phone line at my previous address even though I left them 18 months ago. I was supplied with 4 invalid MACs and was left with no Internet connection for months. I'm still receiving threatening letters from the debt collection agency even though they plundered my bank account and owe me a considerable amount of money.

There is no doubt in my mind that they are operating outside of the law but they seem to be able to get away with it.

they did that to me then a month after i left i got the forms to reset up my direct debit to them.  then after that got a bill for £27 then after ringing them i got the debt collector letter.

but they claimed i was still using my net con when i had transfered with a MAC code to heaven.

but to any poor sucker that is in a contract with Tiscali just do a backup of the internet during peak hours and they will offer you the MAC code.

David

I wonder what the percentage is of people in this situation.Its a standing joke tiscali and they get all they deserve but given the possible amount of people leaving on a daily basis and I would assume there are still people signing up,I even saw a Tiscali van here the other day !also take into account where the accounts are sent out but they can only,I would assume be able to act on what data they receive from the other department,who are I think in places like India,isn't this just gross inefficiency,on their part there seems a suggestion is some almost criminality which is a little over to top surely.
I have spat blood at them in the past but I have to speak as I find and I did get my refund and although It took "A little" effort I would be wide of the mark to suggest they were crooks in this way.

They should no doubt be hauled up on the FU and running the show as they do but given the amount of customers isn't this sort of thing no unexpected ?
I'm not defending them,I'm safely out of it bit it seems its out of proportion.....

I would like to see some figures just to try and get a bigger picture of what is going on....if anyone there actually knows.