Great news for IDnet

Started by cavillas, Jan 27, 2007, 12:03:35

Previous topic - Next topic

cavillas

------
Alf :)

Inactive

Great stuff.

I'm amazed that Sky even show up from the horror stories i've been reading.
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

maxping

Quote from: Inactive on Jan 27, 2007, 12:54:32
Great stuff.

I'm amazed that Sky even show up from the horror stories i've been reading.

60% of a 14 MB connection isnt slow either.

Inactive

But many Sky customers are not even getting the speed we get on our connections, when and if they ever get connected.

I thought that Sky LLU was supposed to be 16MB ??
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

maxping

You are probably right m8 i just pulled 14MB out of the air  :laugh:

I know all the horror stories , i keep a eye on this forum.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=161

Inactive

So do I Max, very interesting, it looks like the erm....so called independant Skyuser Forum aint so independant any more....littered with Sky Ads...far too cosy and defensive.

Rik

I spent 48 minutes on the phone to Sky this morning trying to explain to them why they shouldn't be charging me extra for downgrading my package. It was hard work, I had to go to the cancellations department to get someone who could understand the problem (I followed up with an email to James Murdoch).

If anyone needs a reason to avoid Sky BB, try talking to one of their call centres!  >:(
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Inactive

@ 8 pence per minute, unless you found one of the well hidden 0800 numbers.

Sky, my most hated company, well any Murdoch Outfit really.

Rik

I made a point about the cost of the call in my email to Murdoch. I know it won't be seen by him, but it will be seen by someone who can take action...

If there was an alternative satellite supplier, I'd move, DTT isn't an option here (frequency clutter).
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Fingers crossed for you Rik.

I only have Freesat channels from Sky and Freeview via an aerial, despite being in  a Non - Freeview area.

I do however also have a motorised 1 metre dish that pulls in stuff from most of Europe that has some " flexible "  software installed. ;)

Rik

Thanks for the finger crossing, I fully expect things to get sorted sharpish, Murdoch's office knows me well from the 14 boxes I have been through. I even have a personally assigned 'special care technician' to look after me. :)

MK is weird in that, because it was cabled from the outset, TV aerials were not allowed. Now, they restrict us to one dish, so I shall have to be patient. DTT is a problem because we fringe two transmitters and have a relay to fill the gap, so they say there's only limited space available for digital at the moment.

Technology is such a wonderful thing.  ::)
Rik
--------------------

Nerval

Up the Pirates, eh Active old lad   :police: :police: :police:

jupiter

Quote from: Inactive on Jan 27, 2007, 16:11:19
Sky, my most hated company, well any Murdoch Outfit really.

Well said  - can't stand the bloke, or Sky or his newspapers.  I'm happy with what Freeview gives me and bits from the Astra satellite now and then.
But my anti-Murdoch principles don't stop me watching matches at a neighbours.

Rik

The only reason I subscribe to Sky is that they have exclusive rights to the Guinness Premiership and the Heineken Cup. Otherwise, no chance.

Talking of which, it's almost time to go and watch Netgear-sponsored Northampton take on Bristol...
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Quote from: Nerval on Jan 27, 2007, 16:46:37
Up the Pirates, eh Active old lad   :police: :police: :police:

Who me?.. wouldn't dream of doing such a thing ( he lies )  ... :angel:

:police: :police: :police:

Not me yer 'onour..nuffin to do wiv me Sir..  :banana2: