Stale Sessions.

Started by kinmel, Jan 28, 2009, 20:37:49

Previous topic - Next topic

kinmel

Most ADSL stale sessions occur when there is an improper disconnection from the BT RAS and the usual advice is to disconnect your router for 30 minutes to allow the session to time out.

It appears that a faster solution is available.

Go into your router and change your ISP login password to an incorrect entry and retry connecting to your ISP.

The wrong password will fail and the RAS router will reset your connection.

Put your correct login password back into your router and it should connect without further problems  :thumb:
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?

Simon

I won't try it for the moment, but good tip, Alan!  :thumb:
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Sebby

That solution has been around since the first days of ADSL, but it's good to mention it as a lot of people aren't aware (nor are ISPs). Unfortunately, it doesn't always work.

kinmel

Quote from: Sebby on Jan 28, 2009, 22:18:27
That solution has been around since the first days of ADSL, but it's good to mention it as a lot of people aren't aware (nor are ISPs). Unfortunately, it doesn't always work.

I wonder why Idnet Support don't suggest it ?
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?

Sebby

If they don't, they must not be aware of it, but I can't believe that...

Lance

I think it's because it doesn't always work, or rather the probability of the 30 minute switch off working is higher than changing the username.  :)
Lance
_____

Rik

Of course, logging to another domain works too...
Rik
--------------------

Steve

There is some comment over at Zen,which described three types of stale sessions. 1 at the sync, 2 at the radial server, 3 at the ISP They comment about the possibility that a wrong password may work for a type 2. The best method for stale sessions I read was to toast them to make them taste better.
Steve
------------

Rik

Rik
--------------------