Slow speeds after power cut

Started by Glenn, Jan 26, 2009, 13:40:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Baz

Rik

I trust you have no ill effects from the drops, Baz?
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Glenn

If he has, he will bounce back
Glenn
--------------------

Baz

never noticed any Rik, a tad slow sometimes thats all but could be due to everyone in the house using it at same time.

Have to say though and should have mentioned this ages ago, whereas I had bother with my last ISP, IDnet seem to be far better in the PS3 internet access area, My son is over the moon that it works better....well done IDnet, if indeed you did something or is it the norm

Rik

Good. For me, it was just a few minutes loss of service each day, if I hadn't been watching, I'd probably not have noticed.
Rik
--------------------

Steve

Quote from: Baz on Feb 01, 2009, 11:38:04

Have to say though and should have mentioned this ages ago, whereas I had bother with my last ISP, IDnet seem to be far better in the PS3 internet access area, My son is over the moon that it works better....well done IDnet, if indeed you did something or is it the norm

It is probable that your previous ISP was throttling the ports your PS3 required, which is common practice for many of the budget ISP's, in order that their over subscribed networks can offer a degree of service when demand is high, this is most noticeable on evenings and weekends.Idnet do not use any port throttling or bandwidth control methods.
Steve
------------

Rik

Nor do they oversubscribe their network, of course.
Rik
--------------------

Baz

Well that was mentioned at the time Steve but was told no throttling was in place. They weren't a budget ISP either, were very good overall until things started to go wrong for me. I never really tested the PS3 while with them mainly as it wouldnt work, but yes it could be as you say. Soon as I got settled with IDnet tried again and ........... :thumb: :thumb:

makes you wonder about these things