UK.gov to tap BT as data harvester

Started by somanyholes, Feb 16, 2009, 10:34:31

Previous topic - Next topic

David

This is potentially very worrying what is all this date wanted for apart from abusing any rights we may have left  :shake:
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Rik

We only need the thought police for a full set, So.  >:(
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

David

They will think of a way no doubt....this is bordering on G O on a giant scale
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Rik

It is, and in many ways it frightens me. It's being done without accountability to Parliament, an increasingly used technique by this Govt. :(
Rik
--------------------

David

Quoteused technique by this Govt.
Im glad I wont be around in 20 years but if nothng is done god knows what will happen in the future  :shake:

Rik

Rik
--------------------

David

I think the writing may already be on disc somewhere  :rant2:

Rik

When you think about all we've had to say regarding politicians, I think it's only a matter of time before there's a knock on the door. ;D It's inevitable, really, that governments will be uncomfortable with media they can't control, so a free internet is always going to be a target for them.
Rik
--------------------

David

For once Im pleased to say that there is always someone who will get around this   :whistle:

Rik

Rik
--------------------

David

greenfedora

To be honest, all this Orwellian stuff is the single most important political issue to me at the moment. It totally flies in the face of the so-called 'free country', which I think is one of the most prized constitutional elements of Western democracies.

It's ironic that we have spent so much time and energy fighting despotic regimes to avoid the close monitoring, vetting and control they inflict on their populace, and then we 'voluntarily' introduce it into our own society.
Regards,
Gordon

Rik

I agree with you completely, Gordon. We are heading into dictatorship via the back door.
Rik
--------------------

David

Were will it lead though there seems to be an assumption that everyone will roll over and accept this,Im not too sure on this point

Rik

Most people aren't even aware it's going on, David, and those of us who are are probably not best placed to fight it.
Rik
--------------------

David

I thought of this the internet is a double edged sword and a defence we would naver had access to but I think the fight would be fairer on this one  :evil:

Rik

It is a place where we can come together to express ourselves in a way that just didn't exist a generation ago, David, but that also works against us as we are geographically spread and small in number.
Rik
--------------------

David

Thats how many uprisings began surely

Rik

True, but they needed small, tight knit, communities to get their momentum. Tight knit as we are, we could probably only muster an online campaign, and we know what notice the Govt takes of them. :(
Rik
--------------------

David

I dont know about that,the little I have seen of Facebook,enough of them witll gather in droves for somethings...its wider than we may envisage I think there would be big problems for the Gvt to overcome when the masses are fully aware of the possibilities

Rik

The masses never will be, sadly, David. By the time they become aware, it will already be too late.
Rik
--------------------

David

Put it in the Sun and Star with another tag to it,like "you are all about to be found out" that might do......The peasants are revolting,can be heard around the halls of Westminster

Rik

Rik
--------------------

David

If thats what it takes,I doubt Newsnight will reach them  :eyebrow:

Rik

Rik
--------------------

David

But on the plus side all the daytime shows will  ;D get Trish or whatever she is called to do a show....how the Gov ruined my life by using modern techno.....................................no it hasnt the same impact really has it hmmmm  ;D

Sebby

David

Adrian

Quote from: badpianoplayer on Feb 16, 2009, 10:52:05
Im glad I wont be around in 20 years but if nothng is done god knows what will happen in the future  :shake:
I forget the number of times I have said this myself, but I usually say it every time the government erodes my civil liberties a bit more. :(

Oh I forgot, if you have done nothing wrong, you have nothing to fear - how many times do i still hear that falsehood run out too!
Adrian

greenfedora

Quote from: Adrian on Feb 17, 2009, 21:49:20
Oh I forgot, if you have done nothing wrong, you have nothing to fear - how many times do i still hear that falsehood run out too!

Agreed. Ask the people in any country where their freedom is despotically repressed what they think of that statement. "Doing nothing wrong" can land them 20 years hard labour.
Regards,
Gordon

Rik

Quote from: Adrian on Feb 17, 2009, 21:49:20

Too often. :(
Rik
--------------------