IDNet customer reports 2700HGV updated to BT V6 firmware

Started by JB, Mar 09, 2009, 10:11:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

Yes, that's it, Les.  Sorry for the inaccuracy, I was sending from my phone, and couldn't recall the exact name.
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

LesD

Quote from: Simon on Mar 09, 2009, 21:42:04
Yes, that's it, Les.  Sorry for the inaccuracy, I was sending from my phone, and couldn't recall the exact name.

That's OK  :thumb: I guessed it must be. That's one, having followed Alan's set-up instructions that I have always left un-ticked.
Regards,

Les.

Ann

Oh great.. I thought the poisoning would work too.  Oh no.. :dunno:

Rik

Don't worry too much yet, Ann. OTOH, if I disappear from the forum, you know what happened. ;)
Rik
--------------------

Simon

Simon.
--

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Simon

Simon.
--

Sebby

David

Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Simon

Depends if and when it happens to you, and whether anyone's found a way round it by then, David.  I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.  :)
Simon.
--

David

Im bidding on a new router...................but would you believe Ebay is down  :eek4:
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Simon

Simon.
--

kinmel

Quote from: Simon on Mar 10, 2009, 13:59:01
Depends if and when it happens to you, and whether anyone's found a way round it by then, David.  I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.  :)

After updating to V6 your router keeps it's old PPP settings and you will remain connected as before.

With a new router, or one that was not already set up to connect to IDNet, the following has been found to work.........

Set up a desktop or shortcut link to 192.168.1.254 and  make a note of the default WEP code off the side of the hub.

Go to Settings > diagnostics > Resets Click "Reset to Factory Default State" (or use the reset on the back of the router).

When the power light on the router goes red then close the browser.

When the router has rebooted click on the previously created shortcut link to 192.168.1.254 so the browser connects to the hub without trying to connect to the internet.

The default system password for brand new hubs is the serial number of the hub.  The serial number can be found on the label attached to the underside of the hub.

If you need to change the system password, go to Settings > System Info > Password, click on "I've forgotten the password" and then "I've still forgotten the password", use the default WEP code as instructed to reset the password to one of your choice.

Then open a new tab so the browser tries to connect to the internet, this will start the connection wizard, apply your ISP user name and password plus the newly reset hub password as required then click Save. You will then get a page that says Re-attempting, with scrolling red dots across the screen. At this point immediately open another tab (Note: This avoids an error message appearing) which will say Resolution Successful. The previous tab that was saying Re-attempting will also change to say Resolution Successful. You can close both these tabs and check the link settings in Setting > Broadband > Link Configuration.

You will need to close the browser completely before accessing the internet.

Acknowledgement: This method was discovered by "Simon", a Plusnet user and is posted in Tripod's article
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?

Rik

Rik
--------------------

David

:karma: And from me too Alan..Im in a rush but thanks

Steve

I have always wondered why they invented tabbed browsing. :-\
Steve
------------

LesD

Alan's find from Plusnet's Simon needs putting with the Setup Guides on the Sticky at the top of this Child board with a bit of an intro. to expain it is for use with the V6 version of the BT firmware.

:karma: from me too Alan  :thumb:  although I hope I don't ever have recourse to need this info.

Regards,

Les.

kinmel

These things never seem to take long to crack; the number of people trying to break through must far outweigh the number working for BT who are trying to prevent us using it.  :thumb:

and once it is cracked the word spreads across the net like wildfire, the workround is now also on a Bolivian forum that takes an interest in all things 2700HGV, no doubt the Australian and Canadians have it too.

One thing in our favour is that they are so cheap that it doesn't matter if a few get broken while sorting out how it works
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?

David

Simon

Simon.
--

Steve

Steve
------------

trophymick

Nice one Alan :thumb: I was considering dusting my old Dynamode off :eek4: Looks like I don't need to :thumb:
Mick

Ann

And thanks from me too.  I knew someone eventually would come to the rescue.  :)

quandam

Quote from: stevethegas on Mar 10, 2009, 22:43:24
Right Quandam off you go! :thumb:

Still lying down in a darkened room at the moment :laugh: Will give it a go soon. :thumb:

Rik

Rik
--------------------