radiation pattern

Started by sobranie, Mar 12, 2009, 22:00:26

Previous topic - Next topic

sobranie

Anyone know radiation pattern for the 2700 pls. Eg: does it transmit thro. 360 degrees irrespective of position or is the strongest position directly in front or from the sides.

Simon

I don't even understand the question, let alone have an answer, Rick!  ;D
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Lance

The question is: is the wireless signal stronger from one side of the router or perhaps when the router is on it's side! My answer is i don't know as i've never tried!
Lance
_____

kinmel

2wire say that the weakest signal is directly below the router, they make no mention of horizontal radiation weak spots, so it must be reasonably omni-directional
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?

Rik

I wonder if that's when it's vertical or horizontal, Alan?
Rik
--------------------

sobranie

Reason I ask is that both my tower and R's laptop are connected wirelessly at the mo.
My tower ..... great signal.
R's laptop in same room and 10 feet away from me ..... signal fluctuates from 54 down to 6.6. 
Router is at bottom of stairs and in direct line to laptop. Tower is behind a wall!!!
Doesn't make sense to me.
Am going to experiment with different router angles over the weekend but find the whole thing quite bemusing espacially as the router is set on strength 8 and can be picked up 10 houses away in the street.

Rik

Any RSJs or waterpipes around?
Rik
--------------------

kinmel

Quote from: Rik on Mar 12, 2009, 23:08:33
I wonder if that's when it's vertical or horizontal, Alan?

2Wire always show their routers stood up on that bracket and the LED labels are orientated that way too, so vertical |I assume.
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?

Rik

That was my guess too - so it might be possible to improve the singal in some cases by running it horizontally.
Rik
--------------------

kinmel

Quote from: Rik on Mar 13, 2009, 09:38:07
That was my guess too - so it might be possible to improve the singal in some cases by running it horizontally.

or my preference, move it closer with longer wires !
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

Rik

Rik
--------------------

sobranie

Tks for replies all, will have a play this weekend and might even look at the router too. >:D

Rik

Rik
--------------------