IDNet are the best - it's official

Started by Rik, Mar 18, 2009, 12:01:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

ThinkBroadband have been looking at ISP performance:

QuoteBroadband speeds and prices often rule the headlines but other important factors which affect your broadband experience are frequently forgotten. When you run a speed test or register on our website, we ask you to rate your service provider, in particular, their customer service and reliability.

We have gathered over 500,000 ratings over the last year, giving a unique insight into the services offered by broadband service providers in the UK.

For the purpose of this analysis, we have ignored mobile broadband ratings as we only started measuring these quite late in the year so have not gathered enough data to allow us to draw meaningful conclusions

Key conclusions

* O2 / Be Unlimited top the ratings for large providers followed closely by PlusNet.
    *  IDNet and Zen Internet lead the niche category.
    * In general, users' perception is that small and medium sized providers provide better customer service and reliability, although both groups have their range of good and bad apples.
    * Larger operators with lower customer service scores still often rate better on reliability

IDNet scored 87% against Zen at 84% and Newnet at 79%. By comparison, the best of the big ISPs was O2 at 79%, while BT were on 41% and Orange 33%.

I think most of us would agree.  :thumb:
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

quandam

Quote from: Rik on Mar 18, 2009, 12:01:46
ThinkBroadband have been looking at ISP performance:

IDNet scored 87% against Zen at 84% and Newnet at 79%. By comparison, the best of the big ISPs was O2 at 79%, while BT were on 41% and Orange 33%.

I think most of us would agree.  :thumb:

Aye! We would ;)

Lance

That's good news. Let's hope they are in the same place next year!
Lance
_____

kinmel

You don't need to check 500,000 ratings, simply find out which ISP you and I use  :thumb:

:congrats3: to Idnet and all it's staff.
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?

Sebby

Wow, this is excellent news, and really good for IDNet. ;D

cavillas

Just seen it after mucking about with my machine.  Well done Idnet  :congrats: :flowers2:  But only 87%!  It should be at least 99% :thumb:
------
Alf :)

Rik

After February, Alf, I suspect that counts as an excellent score, and suggests that customers have been far more loyal to, and tolerant of, IDNet than other ISPs.
Rik
--------------------

cavillas

I was being a bit sarcastic Rik.  I think it should still be at least 99% ;D  I give them 100% anyway. :thumb:
------
Alf :)

zappaDPJ

As these figures are compiled from customer ratings it really does stand as is a true testament to IDNet's service and reliability.

:congrats3: :thumb:
zap
--------------------

Ray

Ray
--------------------

BrianM

:congrats3: IDnet.  Something i think we all know.  :ok:
Brian

Take care of all your memories. For you cannot relive them.

Gary

Great news for IDNet, the niche market is one where you really have to prove yourself and they certainly have, having migrated from O2 back to IDNet, I can see why O2/Be are voted best as a big provider, their LLU product is great, but dns lookups are faster never the less on IDNet, and for ipstream IDNet cannot be beat, O2's ipstream which like the LLU is truly all you can eat, was painfully slow at night, IDNet just need to keep on top of capacity and other issues so they do not have problems repeating themselves, and things will only get better  :thumb:
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Simon

Well done IDNet!  :congrats2:  Keep up the good work!  :thumb:
Simon.
--

DarkStar

:congrats2:   :great:
Confirms what we all know, ID Net rocks  :ok:
After what must have seemed like Black February for Simon and the team this will have made them realise that all the hard work was worth it.
I have one regret - that I didn't come over to ID Net earlier after I left MAAF instead of going to Fast for a short and not very pleasant spell. I'm here to stay  :thumb:
Ian

LesD

Quote from: Rik on Mar 18, 2009, 12:01:46

IDNet scored 87%

It should have been higher!  ;D  I missed out on the voting and it would have been top marks from me!    :thumb:
Regards,

Les.

Rik

It's based on the monthly ratings at TB over the past year, Les, so start voting now for next year. ;)
Rik
--------------------

LesD

Quote from: Rik on Mar 20, 2009, 04:21:54
Re: IDNet are the best - it's official
« Reply #15 on: Today at 04:21:54 »

Rik, was it a late night, an early start or an all nighter?  :eek4:

I did put ratings on Thinkbroadband for some months but there have been some recent ones that I have missed!  :blush:
I will go and do it now!
Regards,

Les.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Glenn

It was a late start, I posted an hour earlier, when I couldn't sleep  ;) :evil:
Glenn
--------------------

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Glenn

Glenn
--------------------