Looking to join IDNET

Started by Maverich, Mar 21, 2009, 17:38:00

Previous topic - Next topic

David

:yes: :yes: Enjoy Maverich   :thumb:
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Maverich

Oh I will  ;D made me very happy! Thanks to everyone else who helped me through this.   :thnks:

Would I be best to leave testing my connection until things settle down?

Steve

Thanks . You should be flying then! Speed testing o.k Just don't keep disconnecting and re connecting try to maintain a constant connection.
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

David

I think it settles down within a week but someone will stamp on me  ;)
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Maverich

I couldnt help myself in taking a speed test, and I seein an improvement already as this time of the evening i'd be gettin under 1mb yet its maintaining 3-4mb.  Am I right to be seeing the ISP as myriadpr.com?

Simon

A proper  :karmic:  welcome, Rich!  Now you'll know what we're usually so happy about!  :thumb:
Simon.
--

David

Glenn

Quote from: Maverich on Mar 31, 2009, 18:08:58
I couldnt help myself in taking a speed test, and I seein an improvement already as this time of the evening i'd be gettin under 1mb yet its maintaining 3-4mb.  Am I right to be seeing the ISP as myriadpr.com?

It should show as Idnet.com
Glenn
--------------------

Maverich

That is strange then as I thought It should show as Idnet.com.  I checked out myriadpr.com and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with broadband.  the speedchecker that is showing this is

Simon

Could it be confused if your old connection is still active?  :dunno:
Simon.
--

Rik

Quote from: stevethegas on Mar 31, 2009, 17:33:52
Probably wrong advice ;D but have you tried your idnet username  and password? Its not unknown for both connections to be still live for a short time.

I was about to suggest that but I've been offline playing with a new toy. Thanks, Steve.  :thumb:
Rik
--------------------

Rik

Quote from: Maverich on Mar 31, 2009, 18:18:48
That is strange then as I thought It should show as Idnet.com.  I checked out myriadpr.com and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with broadband.  the speedchecker that is showing this is

Your IP address belongs to IDNet, so you've definitely migrated.
Rik
--------------------

Rik

Quote from: sfawcett2 on Mar 31, 2009, 16:24:02
I was wandering (or is that wondering) whether the Home supermax makes much difference to speed if the exchange is very busy or high contention. It says "Priority given at the exchange over standard ADSL traffic ".

There is a 'visible effect' of the priority, for example pings are some 3-4ms better for me on SuperMax. If pings don't worry you that much, ie you're not a gamer, and you aren't seeing a slowdown, you probably don't need to spend the extra.
Rik
--------------------

Maverich

Thanks for checking that Rik. Well I think I'm going to leave you all to it for tonight and give online gaming another go.  Another big  :thnks: to everyone in the forum.  I've been very impressed since I first joined ,  you really do Idnet proud!

Rik

NP. You can see your own IP address in the router, but the staff see them on posts, and we tend to know the ranges in use. :)
Rik
--------------------

Sebby

quandam

Maverich

Like yourself I experienced dire speeds with Sky Connect after around 5pm each evening and in my case, decided to return to IDNet after two years for a stable connection 24/7. :thumb:

You have definitely (me too!) made the right decision to experience IDNet's superior service. :thumb:

Goodbye Sky Connect!  Until you have experienced such a poor service you do not realise the significance of an upgraded product. ;)

LesD

:welcome: to IDNet Maverich

What has been said about Sky vs IDNet echoes mine and the experience of many others of Tiscali vs IDNet.

Long may IDNet prosper. :thumb:

Regards,

Les.

Steve

Quote from: Rik on Mar 31, 2009, 18:26:25
I was about to suggest that but I've been offline playing with a new toy. Thanks, Steve.  :thumb:

More new toys Rik. ;D Your attempts at encouraging people to spend money appear to be rubbing off on yourself. >:D
Steve
------------

David

:zip: :zip: :out:  Hold that image for a moment Steve  ;)

Steve

I am afraid David that's flown right over my head! ;) :D
Steve
------------

Lance

Welcome Maverich! Glad the migration went smoothly! :karmic:
Lance
_____

David

Quote from: stevethegas on Mar 31, 2009, 22:26:30
I am afraid David that's flown right over my head! ;) :D

:lol: :rofl: Best way Steve  :eek4:

Rik

Quote from: stevethegas on Mar 31, 2009, 22:18:35
More new toys Rik. ;D Your attempts at encouraging people to spend money appear to be rubbing off on yourself. >:D

I'm doing my bit to help the economy, Steve. ;D
Rik
--------------------

Maverich

Hi all, just thought i'd report back on my recent connection to Idnet.  Was playing online last night and noticed a considerable improvement so this has definitely been a step in the right direction. 

If I may ask though what I should be expecting in terms of speeds and If i'll be on a 10 day training period? My current stats are;

connection Speed   6240 kbps   448 kbps
Line Attenuation   31.5 db   18.0 db
Noise Margin   11.1 db   20.0 db

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
    Your DSL connection rate: 6240 kbps(DOWN-STREAM),  448 kbps(UP-STREAM)
    IP profile for your line is - 4000 kbps
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 3754 kbps

Thanks in advance for any feedback  ;D