Looking to join IDNET

Started by Maverich, Mar 21, 2009, 17:38:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

Your profile is wrong for your sync speed, providing your connection is stable, that will move to 5.5Mbps in the next few days. You appear to have a target noise margin of 12db, so if the line stabilises and maintains sync for 14 days, that will reduced to 9db, giving you an extra 500k, repeating again after a further 14 days if the line stays stable - by which I mean it has to maintain continuous sync for that period.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Maverich

Ok thats good to know Rik.  I'll keep an eye on it over the next few days.   :)

Rik

Rik
--------------------

David

I know you will..............we all do   ;D
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Maverich

Its just so addictive!! wish I never had a reason to look in the first place, I blame it on all my previous unreliable ISPs  :mad:

Rik

After a while, you start to relax here, Maverich. ;)
Rik
--------------------

David

You need to download a patch  ;)
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Rik

Or get a Paul McKenna CD. ;D
Rik
--------------------

Sebby

Quote from: Maverich on Apr 01, 2009, 17:21:30
Its just so addictive!! wish I never had a reason to look in the first place, I blame it on all my previous unreliable ISPs  :mad:

It's one of the joys of using BT's network. ;D

sfawcett2

Hi Maverick,
I left SKY select yesterday and Joined IDNET at the same time. With SKY select I was getting speed variations from 4Mb down to 800K in the evenings. I'm now addicted to speed checks!
OK only 2 days so far but after around 20 speed checks not one has gone below 4.2Mb and very nearly reached 5Mb. I took a gamble leaving SKY , the twice I complained they indicated it was faults in my house wiring.
I changed the router and checked the wiring, but only after changing to IDNET did it make a difference.
How is your speed comparing to SKY?
I'm a happy bunny... I hope it stays as it is , and a million others dont come to IDNET (its too good) and flood it !!
Steve

Rik

Most people don't want to pay IDNet's prices, Steve, so the customer base tends to be one of discriminating users who value quality and are prepared to pay for it.
Rik
--------------------

Maverich

Steve - My speeds have never gone below 4mb after the line had stabilized which is great for me, also any speed check I run it seems always very constant rather SKY sometimes didnt know whether it was a 500k connection or 2mb!  I didnt even bother phoning SKy about my speeds as I was still in the "training" period which lasts for 10 days yet you can only cancel out of SKYs contract within 8 days. Something smelt fishy so I got out, finding Idnet was a dream come true and the extra money for Idnet is for them well deserved!

p.s I have cut down on the speed tests, only about 2 a day now  :blush:

Sebby

It sounds like you're "recovering" well. :P

sfawcett2

Pays yer money takes yer choice... IDNET costs more and proves you get what you pay for. I did make a mistake with SKY temped by their £10 a month offer. IDNET is £17.50 ish but its so worth it! three nights into IDNET and not once below 4Mb.
I still had 3 months to go with sky (12 month contract), I will probably still have to pay them for the broadband untill July 1st. But I needed a reliable connection. So no regrets about leaving.
Now if I could only figure out this port forwarding on my new netgear router!!
Steve

Steve

Steve
------------

vitriol

A good site. Portforward has never let me down.