My Line Is BT Wholesale WBC (21CN) Enabled - What Now?

Started by emzino, Mar 28, 2009, 02:14:29

Previous topic - Next topic

emzino

Hope I didn't sound like I was threatening. I do love the Customer Service with IDNet and the dedication.

Just that I have a really bad line and with countless calls to BT as well as DIYs to fix it myself, it has come to no avail.

Hoping this "new network" will turn things around.

Patience is a virtue right

David

I hope it sorts out your probs  :fingers: but Bt are not the fastest in the west are they and if you have problem now a new service may not even be able to reach you unless they sort the underlying issues out ................... :dunno: good luck with it though
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Rik

Quote from: emzino on Mar 31, 2009, 13:30:32
Just that I have a really bad line and with countless calls to BT as well as DIYs to fix it myself, it has come to no avail.

Unfortunately, WBC doesn't change the exchange-to-house part of the circuit, and it's there where the problems generally occur. If, however, you're on a congested exchange, then WBC might just do you some good (and give you more speed too).
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

VaderDSL

Hi :) Samknows states that today the exchange I am connected to is going 21CN, could a kind person take a look and see if the 21CN bit stated for today is the bit that will allow for higher speeds? on ADSL 2+ I can get around 16mb + as I live quite near the exchange.

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/MRBLA

Thank you kindly :D

Oh and if it is 21CN what does this mean in terms of IDnet? will I be able to upgrade to a higher service? Apologies for all the questions.

I often take a walk past and have seen a lot of openreach? Bt vans etc around :)

Rik

Hi Vader

We need to be careful with the terminology here. 21CN is the new voice network, and doesn't affect broadband. WBC is the new broadband (ADSL2+) network and is independent of 21CN. Your link shows it's WBC today (as for many of us). Once it's working, and IDNet are happy with the service (it's been on test for a month or so), then you will be able to move to a new ADSL2+ package with the attendant speed benefits.
Rik
--------------------

emzino

:o IDNet will be offering a ADSL2+ service?!?!?!

Glenn

Quote from: Rik on Mar 31, 2009, 15:30:18
then you will be able to move to a new ADSL2+ package with the attendant speed benefits.

Not for you and me  :(
Glenn
--------------------

bobleslie

=Bob=.
Sky/Easylink LLU. Thankfully! ;-)

Glenn

I doubt with my current NM of 59.8db I will see much increase over the 2500 - 2800kbs I connect at now. If my line didn't have a 12db target margin then it may connect around 4000kbs, but BT can't/won't fix the issues on the line.
Glenn
--------------------

Rik

Quote from: emzino on Mar 31, 2009, 16:02:28
:o IDNet will be offering a ADSL2+ service?!?!?!

They will, but only when testing is complete.
Rik
--------------------

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Ann

I wonder if they've done something to my exchange as I'm getting a decent connection at peak time tonight which is very odd.  Maybe they've wacked some new stuff in there for ordinary ADSL at the same time as doing the WBC thing... isn't it exciting.  ;D

Rik

It's possible, I suppose, that they will use a common backhaul, Ann. I don't know how compatible that bit of the connection is, but if you're making faster connections available at an exchange, it would seem sensible to increase capacity at the same time. He said, hopefully. ;)
Rik
--------------------

Noreen

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Noreen

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Rik

It looks like it either hasn't gone live on time, or Sam hasn't updated yet. IDNet might know if you're interested (you would benefit from WBC with your stats).
Rik
--------------------

Noreen

To be honest, Rik, I'm not all that bothered. I'm generally happy with the speed that I have, it was interest really. According to the router there hasn't been any break in the connection.

Rik

None here either. I think it's when they start the 21CN work that the lines get a bit iffy.
Rik
--------------------

Simon

Mine still says:  21CN WBC status: RFS date set: 31/03/2009  :bawl:
Simon.
--

bobleslie

I use this exchange status checker.

I find it more up-to-date. For example, it showed my exchange had updated to WBC ahead of schedule and several days before Samknows.
=Bob=.
Sky/Easylink LLU. Thankfully! ;-)

Lance

Lance
_____

Rik

Quote from: bobleslie on Apr 01, 2009, 21:49:15
I use this exchange status checker.

I find it more up-to-date. For example, it showed my exchange had updated to WBC ahead of schedule and several days before Samknows.

Curiously, it was last updated on March 9, for me, and says the WBC date is expected to be March 31.
Rik
--------------------