Fibreoptic coming

Started by D-Dan, Apr 03, 2009, 20:24:41

Previous topic - Next topic

D-Dan

Hi guys

I just found out my exchange (well, not strictly mine, I don't own it) will be one of the first BT fibre exchanges, with an estimated date of early 2010. Will IDNet be up to it by then?

Steve
Have I lost my way?

This post doesn't necessarily represent even my own opinions, let alone anyone else's

Simon

I think you'd need to ask IDNet that one, Steve.  :)
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

D-Dan

I may just do that. Hate the thought of having to leave IDNet - but I also hate the thought of 40Meg connection being available and not using it :)
Have I lost my way?

This post doesn't necessarily represent even my own opinions, let alone anyone else's

bobleslie

I wonder what that 40 Meg will look like when channelled into a congested network.  :dunno:
=Bob=.
Sky/Easylink LLU. Thankfully! ;-)

Lance

Watching the bandwidth for the month disappear in a day will be unfunny too!
Lance
_____

Sebby

Quote from: bobleslie on Apr 03, 2009, 21:25:58
I wonder what that 40 Meg will look like when channelled into a congested network.  :dunno:

I suppose it'll be much like it is now; there'll be good and bad BT-based ISPs, and there'll be good and bad LLU operators.

Colin Burns

and no fibre for the people that live in the middle of nowhere till approx  2050  :rant2:

Steve

Quote from: Colin Burns on Apr 04, 2009, 06:15:42
and no fibre for the people that live in the middle of nowhere till approx  2050  :rant2:

You could always grow your own veg!
Steve
------------

Colin Burns

Quote from: stevethegas on Apr 04, 2009, 07:23:01
You could always grow your own veg!

already planning to  :whistle:

Rik

Speculating, when fibre becomes available, BT will launch a new range of products. I can't see IDNet not taking them up.
Rik
--------------------

cavillas

Just think Rik, No more aluminium and a faster connection. Trouble is the tme BT take to act we might not be around then but our grandchildren will benefit.  ;D
------
Alf :)

Rik

That might be difficult in my case, Alf. :)
Rik
--------------------

Sebby

There'll still be some aluminium as it's only FTTC, but it won't matter nearly as much.

Rik

I'm copper from the cabinet. :)
Rik
--------------------

Sebby

Tacitus

For me fibre is simply a dream that won't be fulfilled in my lifetime.  I'd settle for a decent length of copper between me and the village.  It's only about a mile but I can't see that happening either.