Should I Join IDnet

Started by wecpcs, May 15, 2009, 16:27:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Maverich

I'm a bit late to comment on this but I joined Idnet from Sky and its the best broadband decision I have ever made!!!  You will not regret the move  ;D
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Rik

You're never too late. :)
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

wecpcs

Quote from: Maverich on May 18, 2009, 23:58:22
I'm a bit late to comment on this but I joined Idnet from Sky and its the best broadband decision I have ever made!!!  You will not regret the move  ;D
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

I am simply overwhelmed with all the greetings from all of you, I feel like one of the family already.  :ithank:

Colin

Rik

You are one of the family, Colin. :)
Rik
--------------------

wecpcs

I've arrived and with excellent figures and it was all done buy 05:15 today, my migration date. :meldrew:

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Sebby

BrianM

Brian

Take care of all your memories. For you cannot relive them.

Lance

Glad it all went nice and smoothly!
Lance
_____

wecpcs

I have now just ordered the transfer of my Post Office Home Phone service to IDNet Anytime Lite as well, as I am very pleased with their prompt & superb broadband service and support.

Colin

Simon

Seems you're hooked!  :thumb:
Simon.
--

Rik

I don't think you'll regret it, Colin, I'm another 100% customer. :)
Rik
--------------------

Ray

:welcome: Colin, another 100% Idnetter here as well, I've been with Idnet BB for almost 3 years now and received an excellent service at all times, my phone services changed from BT to Idnet yesterday.  :thumb:

PS: have another welcome  :karma:
Ray
--------------------

firefly

The one thing I've never considered changing is my ISP.
I've been very happy with IDnet - probably 3 years or so now.
Simon and everyone else are always very helpful on the rare occasions I need them.

You'll be happy here  :thumb:

Rik

Welcome to the forum. :welc: :karma:

I agree with your sentiments.  :thumb:
Rik
--------------------

zappaDPJ

Welcome to the forums firefly :)  :karma:
zap
--------------------

Simon

:welc:  Firefly.  Did you get lost on the way to us?  ;D
Simon.
--

Sebby

Phantom

Hello there I am having very similar problems. My closest exchange is a BT only exchange (Hoo) Would joining Idnet solve my high latency problem? the problem will surely remain as the equipment is still all BT equipment?

I am currently with 02 and although the speeds are better than expected the latency makes online gaming impossible.

Glenn

Hi Phantom :welc: :karma:

IDNet normally have low ping times on their network. Users that have come across from O2's non LLU service have seen big improvments on their connection, with constant connection speeds and latency.
Glenn
--------------------

Phantom

Thanks Glenn.

I assume they lease different equipment then? (from BT)

and potentially a stupid question do Idnet provide a router etc? Anyone have past experience returning their o2 router? what is the process?

Sebby

Quote from: Glenn on May 28, 2009, 08:49:49
Hi Phantom :welc: :karma:

IDNet normally have low ping times on their network. Users that have come across from O2's non LLU service have seen big improvments on their connection, with constant connection speeds and latency.

It's O2's non-LLU service that tends to have high pings (called O2 Access, I believe).

Oh, and welcome to the forum, Phantom! :karma:

IDNet do not provide a free router, hence the 1 month contract, but you can buy a router off of them (a Netgear DG834G). When you got your O2 router, you should have got a freepost return label. :)

Rik

Hi Phantom and welcome to the forum. :welc: :karma: IDNet's generally lower ping times come from the way their own network is set up, rather than BT. They guarantee no contention within the network, so will deliver whatever your line and exchange can sustain. If you went onto the SuperMax package, or WBC equivalent, you'd also get higher priority at the exchange, which took a further 4-5ms of pings for me.
Rik
--------------------

Phantom

Thanks for all the replies I shall have to look for the return label! The contention rate should be good but for some reason the network just dies around peak time. The exchange serves only a small number of households compared to my previous exchange (where I had no problem).

I would be looking at the home max package as the supermax is a little out of my price range.

Rik

My advice would be to try it and see, at worst, you're committed for one month. Most people find that they get better results with IDNet, and there was a post over on ThinkBroadband recently from someone who came to IDNet and got a significant improvement in performance when support were able to get his connection moved from a congested VP to an uncongested one. Previous ISPs hadn't spotted the issue.
Rik
--------------------