Should I Join IDnet

Started by wecpcs, May 15, 2009, 16:27:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance

Welcome to the forum, Mist! I certainly believe your throughput problems are down to the o2 network so as Rik says, the move here should do you good.
Lance
_____

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Lance

I should add that idnet do a refer a friend scheme were both you and the friend get a £10 credit on your account - you should get talking to quandam!
Lance
_____

Sebby

Rik

Hi Mist

Don't be afraid to ask questions, we'll take you through things at your pace. We're all travelling the same road, picking up information, learning about the technology. We may be at different places on that road, but we'll help you catch up. ;)
Rik
--------------------

Simon

I reached a dead end miles back.  :)
Simon.
--

Rik

I'm going for a three-point turn, personally.  :laugh:
Rik
--------------------

mist

Thank you all so very very much, I think that I shall enjoy not only the IDNet isp but also the friendliness on this forum and the  warm helpful attitude from all that I have already experienced.

I shall over time buckle down to learning from all your invaluable knowledge.

Thanks again all.

Rik

It's not compulsory, Mist. ;) Of all the ISPs I have used, IDNet are easily the best, and I am sure you'll be as happy as the rest of us.
Rik
--------------------

quandam

Quote from: Lance on May 29, 2009, 23:46:06
I should add that idnet do a refer a friend scheme were both you and the friend get a £10 credit on your account - you should get talking to quandam!

Lance,

Many thanks for the thought (£10.00 introduction fee) but I certainly had not got this in mind when pointing mist to IDNet. I was simply pleased to help someone who really was not sure of which way to go re a new ISP and was desperate for some common sense advice.

It would appear that IDNet could well have gained a new customer and a 'nice' one at that :thumb:

Rik

Rik
--------------------

mist

Quote from: Rik on May 30, 2009, 18:13:55
We hope so, Q. :)

I gave IDnet my MAC this morning and mentioned Q had referred me.
and joy of joys notice my synch. now Rik <grin> on my o2 connection but BTw have told Idnet on the autochecker my line will only go 'up to 3 megs'

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
   Your DSL connection rate: 4544 kbps(DOWN-STREAM),  448 kbps(UP-STREAM)
   IP profile for your line is - 3500 kbps
   Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 3238 kbps

Rik

BT's database has always been poor, Mist. It says I can get 2M on my line, but I have a 4M sync and a 3.5M profile. :)

Welcome to the happy place, do you have a date yet?

Once IDNet give you your login details, you can set up your email, web space, blog and photo album from your accounts page. The email will work immediately if you want to start moving over, though you would need to use your current ISP's SMTP server till you move, or authenticated SMTP with the IDNet server.
Rik
--------------------

mist

Quote from: Rik on Jun 03, 2009, 12:36:48
BT's database has always been poor, Mist. It says I can get 2M on my line, but I have a 4M sync and a 3.5M profile. :)

Welcome to the happy place, do you have a date yet?

Once IDNet give you your login details, you can set up your email, web space, blog and photo album from your accounts page. The email will work immediately if you want to start moving over, though you would need to use your current ISP's SMTP server till you move, or authenticated SMTP with the IDNet server.

Yes they say Monday 8th June and I have a gw6 thingy on my log in...have already found how to change my password on that portal thank goodness, will try to set up an email addy later but need to access via webmail for ease.

Rik

Remember that the password you have been given is the one you need in your router, Mist. The change for the portal only affects that.
Rik
--------------------

quandam

Quote from: mist on Jun 03, 2009, 12:33:03
I gave IDnet my MAC this morning and mentioned Q had referred me.
and joy of joys notice my synch. now Rik <grin> on my o2 connection but BTw have told Idnet on the autochecker my line will only go 'up to 3 megs'

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
   Your DSL connection rate: 4544 kbps(DOWN-STREAM),  448 kbps(UP-STREAM)
   IP profile for your line is - 3500 kbps
   Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 3238 kbps

mist

Many thanks for mentioning me to IDNet for referring you. I honestly had not thought of the £10.00 when I posted on DSL Zone but it would be a nice surprise if it did come to fruition. You have definitely made the right move and I am sure you will not regret it :welc:

Phantom

Sorry to bump this thread again, but I joined Idnet a little while ago and as I suspected the latency was an o2 issue. The ping doesn't reach the lows that o2 did but during peak I have no spikes and can happily play my online games. Just need to see how the speed settles, total noob on the sync speeds/profile.

Thanks for the replies.

Lance

Glad to hear that all is going well, Phantom :)
Lance
_____

Ray

Good to hear, Phantom.  :thumb:
Ray
--------------------

Sebby

glen

Quote from: wecpcs on May 15, 2009, 16:57:04
Thanks for everyones replies and I have made up my mind to join IDnet as soon as my MAC arrives from O2, the only problem I am expecting is that when I phoned O2 for my MAC and the cancellation of contract, he stated that he would put it down for immediate disconnection, although he then later said that when I receive and use my MAC I would have to phone them back within 2 days to let them know that I have used it so that they could cancel the service and stop billing me. So I do not know quite how to take that. I am just worried that my broadband will cease before I receive my MAC, then resulting in a delay and a connection charge with IDnet. O2 are probably doing it out of spite.

Colin
Hello Colin. I was with o2 before I joined Idnet and I was transferred over no problem, but then again they did try it on with charges
for asking for a mac code, but it was within the 30 days so I got away with it.
They must find it difficult...
Those who have taken authority as the truth,
Rather than truth as the authority

wecpcs

Quote from: glen on Jun 22, 2009, 15:11:00
Hello Colin. I was with o2 before I joined Idnet and I was transferred over no problem, but then again they did try it on with charges
for asking for a mac code, but it was within the 30 days so I got away with it.

I had no problem with any charges as I cancelled the day after activation, but they kept sending me texts and emails about me cancelling the D/D, despite me telling them by phone, text and registered 1st Class letter. They only gave up asking after I emailed them to stop pestering me that as I had not paid anything so there was nothing to refund and by threatening to transfer both our O2 mobiles to another carrier.

Colin