WBC - successful connections

Started by Rik, May 31, 2009, 11:59:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

MikeSh

Well like many others my speed has plummeted severely tonight  :shake:.
I've just seen Idnets post about BT letting them down. Wish I'd not gone over to WBC  :bawl:
Wonder how long it will take BT to provide the additional needed capacity?

Mike
Mike
----------

Bill

Quote from: Simon on Jun 16, 2009, 19:25:03
It will be interesting to see if speeds pick up later this evening, after peak time.
Even if they do, this level of performance isn't acceptable.
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

Rik

No. IDNet have been messed about by BT for a year now, and it's unbelievable that BT can continue to get away with this. I hope that IDNet are able to obtain some form of compensation for the damage that this is causing their business and reputation.
Rik
--------------------

Bill

Quote from: Rik on Jun 16, 2009, 20:32:26
I hope that IDNet are able to obtain some form of compensation for the damage that this is causing their business and reputation.
Now that's what I call optimism  :P
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

Bill

Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

Rik

Mine looked marginally better the last time I checked, Bill, but I decided further speed tests were going to help no-one tonight. :(
Rik
--------------------

Bill

Quote from: Rik on Jun 16, 2009, 20:49:53
I decided further speed tests were going to help no-one tonight. :(
They help my spleen... even without this, I've not had a good day :(
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Bill

Thanks Rik. It'll pass... or it won't. Que Sera, Sera
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Bill

Quote from: Rik on Jun 16, 2009, 21:04:07
Doris Day - happy days. :)

Yes indeed... that made me laugh, thanks  :laugh:
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

Steve

Gosh this bloody awful . I presume idnet had no control over the migrations that occurred today knowing that they did not yet have the capacity to serve them. I know they'll sort it in the end but what in the meantime are you supposed to take it in turns using the internet?
Steve
------------

drummer

Just read Simon's announcement and I'd like to thank BT for replicating my Tiscali experience with upload speed faster than download and shocking pings.

I'm now thinking of buying a Trabant and I've just placed an order for the new Beatles band record "She Loves You Yeah, Yeah, Yeah" (guaranteed download before the end of the year - woohoo).  This exciting new beat combo are just a small part of the new and exciting BT revolution helping all the workers of our glorious state to appreciate superfast broadband.

Toying with the idea of turning my ping graph into a Mondrian pastiche...

Need to go now comrades as another family member wants to use the superfast internets BT provides and checking email on more than one computer at the same time is just counter-revolutionary propaganda.

[attachment deleted by admin]
To stay is death but to flee is life.

joll200x

Well I've been moved over today and the connection seemed to work fine. At least, in an authentication and connection manner - the speeds are dire. This has to be the first time that my TX speeds are actually higher than my RX. Made me chuckle (somewhat briefly mind, then I wondered where BT were spending my regrade money chuckling at me instead). I doubt it's any use to anyone but I use a Check Point UTM-1 Edge ADSL firewall and it all works fine.

And for Simon@IDnet - if you have any meetings with BT please dish out some shin-kicking for me please :)

Simon

Simon.
--

Sebby

And from me... :welcome: :karma:

Hopefully BT will get their act together soon. :fingers:

drummer

Finally managed to complete a BT speed test:

Your DSL connection rate: 15956 kbps(DOWN-STREAM),  1135 kbps(UP-STREAM)
    IP profile for your line is - 14000 kbps
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 2290 kbps

Objectively it's quite funny, given today's Digital Britain announcement of superfast broadband for all.

Subjectively it's a flipping joke and just confirms BT's monopolistic complacency.

Free enterprise my erse.
To stay is death but to flee is life.

pup

Quote from: Sebby on Jun 17, 2009, 00:00:00
Hopefully BT will get their act together soon. :fingers:

Dont hold your breath :wall: :hairpull:
Pup

Sitting on the fence......
And Laughing at both sides.

El Bunto

Quote from: stevethegas on Jun 16, 2009, 21:15:57
I presume idnet had no control over the migrations that occurred today knowing that they did not yet have the capacity to serve them.

Even so, I am disappointed at the lack of communication on this issue. I haven't even received a e-mail informing me that I was migrated on Monday, let alone any information on BT's escapades, so if I hadn't checked the router I'd be wondering why everything was falling apart. 

The network status page is still showing ``Good service'' for all categories, which is somewhat subjective.

Rik

I did receive an email, but I agree the status page should be updated.
Rik
--------------------

psp83

HOPEfully all problems will be fixed when i change over in March 2010  :D

Gary

Quote from: psp83 on Jun 17, 2009, 08:18:25
HOPEfully all problems will be fixed when i change over in March 2010  :D
Q1 2011 here, but thats 21 CN, no date at all for WBC,  :bawl: saying that it may work by then, and BT will be leading the pack :pig:
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

psp83

Quote from: Gary on Jun 17, 2009, 08:23:43
Q1 2011 here, but thats 21 CN, no date at all for WBC,  :bawl: saying that it may work by then, and BT will be leading the pack :pig:

We can all dream  ;D

Gary

Damned, if you do damned if you don't