slow

Started by Baz, Jun 02, 2009, 18:30:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

I'll have to leave it to support now...
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

David

No problems here in the Capital..
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Baz

sorry Rik havent replied to the post I started, just tried leaving it for a while to see if it righted but it hasnt. as I type this page is still 'Transfering dats from idnetters.co.uk' and im a slow typer  ;D.

and yes you are spot on im in county durham which is close to Stirling im on gw5 if that means any thing

ogster

I'm near Stirling, seeing serious slow downs various sites since around 6pm. idnet.gw6

Sebby

IDNet should be aware of this now and will hopefully get it sorted, whoever is at fault. :fingers:

Baz

dont know if it helps Rik but managed to get a BT test done after about 10+ mins

Your DSL connection rate: 8128 kbps(DOWN-STREAM),  448 kbps(UP-STREAM)
    IP profile for your line is - 7150 kbps
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 4 kbps

This test was not conclusive and further testing is required.

Please wait whilst you are redirected to undertake a second test.

tried the second test but it didnt work never had it ask me to try another test before  :dunno: said to change some login settings but it didnt work

Sebby

:eek4:

Something's seriously, seriously wrong there, Baz. That's slower than dialup. You have full sync and the correct profile, yet an atrocious throughput. Let IDNet see those results.

Baz

I know Seb, nearly fell off me chair :laugh:  thing is over the last 2/3 mins its been lightening fast then all of a sudden back to a dead stop again

Sebby

Yep, something not right there. Let IDNet see the results as it might help get to the bottom of this.

Baz

will they look in here

Sebby

Support have been alerted to this thread, but that was a while ago, so it's best to get in touch personally.

trophymick

I'm gw6, and my connection has gone to pot :bawl:  I live in the Borders, near Langholm. I can't even do a speed test it's that slow. :dunno:
I'll give support a bell tomorrow. :thumb:
Mick

Steve

.net from Peterborough seems ok, well as good as anything in Peterborough can be. >:D
Steve
------------

LinLin

I'm near Edinburgh and started a speed test more than 5 minutes ago. It's still going... will let you know when and if it finishes what the results are.

LinLin

LinLin

Too slow to do a speed test here. I even tried a speed test at 512 kps, and it still wouldn't go.
I tried to post here earlier, but the post seems to have been lost.

LinLin

Near Edinburgh

Lance

Hi LinLin, your post was in a different thread, saying about taking over 5 mins to do a speedtest.
Lance
_____

Simon

Quote from: LinLin on Jun 02, 2009, 22:59:52
Too slow to do a speed test here. I even tried a speed test at 512 kps, and it still wouldn't go.
I tried to post here earlier, but the post seems to have been lost.

LinLin

Near Edinburgh

It was here, LinLin.  :)
Simon.
--

trophymick

Things are back to normal here, now.  :thumb:  Anyone know who/what pulled the plug?
:karma: to the fixers. :thumb:
Mick

ogster

Fixed here this morning now.

quandam

All appears back to normal now in my part of Aberdeenshire :thumb:

Rik

IDNet have heard nothing from BT yet, but given the geographic cluster of those affected, it looks like a node issue.
Rik
--------------------

Rik

BT advised IDNet that there was a 'loss of resilience' on the Edinburgh node yesterday evening, but that it shouldn't have been service affecting (their words). We know better, don't we. :(
Rik
--------------------

Simon

It seems, as far as BT are concerned, even if it takes five minutes to load a web page, you've still got a service, so what's the problem?  ::)
Simon.
--

Rik

It does rather. :( I can remember another case where BT said it shouldn't affect service and it plainly was, iirc, last time it stopped people logging in.
Rik
--------------------

Baz

seems back to norm today.whats this node business Rik and if its at Edinburgh how does that affect me