Previous topic - Next topic

pup

Whats the difference between them?  ???

cheers Pup :thumb:
Pup

Sitting on the fence......
And Laughing at both sides.

Sebby

ADSL2 is what we know as Max. It's a rate-adaptive service that can connect at up to 8Mb. ADSL2+ is the newest BT technology (they call it WBC). Mainly, the benefit is that it can connect at up to 24Mb. IDNet are now offering ADSL2+ if your exchange had been upgraded by BT.

4Way

ADSL2 and ADSL2+ are basically the same protocol, the main difference is ADSL2+ has a greater frequency range which gives the higher potential bandwidth. ADSL2 has a max connection of 12mb whilst ADSL2+ has a max of 24mb

Most ADSL2+ modems support ADSL2. A benefit for some is that if you are connecting lower than 12mb then you get no real benefit from the ADSL2+ and might improve your stability by connecting at ADSL2 which doesn't use the higher frequencies.

davej99

I am sorry to say I have not been following 21CN developments. I guess much of the detail is on the forum already. Perhaps it would be helpful if an expert in these matters, or perhaps IDNET, could post a Q&A sticky containing questions like:

What is 21CN and how does it affect me as an IDNET customer?
What is the difference between ADSL2 and ADSL2+?
What is WBC (Wholesale Broadband Connect) and WMBC (Wholesale Managed Broadband Connect) and the difference?
Will IDNET use WBC or WMBC?

Is 21CN exchange conversion the same as WBC/WMBC/ADSL2+ provision?
Does this technology enable a cheaper voice service.
When can I get the new high speed broadband?
Will it be better than unlimited LLU?

Do I need a new modem/router/computer?
What speed will I get and will it be better or worse?
Will broadband costs come down, allowances go up or both?
Will IDNET continue to be the best supported uncontended service around?

ou7shined

Quote from: pup on Jun 23, 2009, 21:04:00
Whats the difference between them?  ???

I put in my request at the w/end. They propose to have it completed by Monday so perhaps this time next week I'll know.
Rich.

Klaatu barada nikto!

Sebby

We'll see what we can do about an FAQ, Dave. :)