Spam Emails

Started by srbuk, Jul 07, 2009, 20:25:01

Previous topic - Next topic

srbuk

Hi

I have a domain that forwards emails to my IDNet email address.  I am getting several spam emails a day, when I do a whois I find they all all registered to a John Racer in the USA and all hosted on Planet Online.  I activated the spam filter on IDNet but they still are coming through, is there any way to stop them and is it because they are forwarded from my domain?   There is an unsubscribe on the emails but I think this will just prove my email is active!

Simon

Sebby

Never, ever use the unsubscribe link on a spam message - it'll just confirm that your email address is active and you'll get more spam. ;)

I'm not sure if IDNet's spam filter applies to messages forwarded. Someone else will be able to confirm. It may also be having a word with IDNet to see if they can block the IP.

Simon

Hi Simon,

Not sure, but the forwarding could alter the header, therefore defeating IDNet's filters, but could you not filter them at the original domain, before they come to IDNet's servers?
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Rik

What Simon said, Simon. :)
Rik
--------------------

srbuk

Thanks for your thoughts, I have a spam filter on the domain hosting site but they are still getting through.  I will ask the question there too and see if they have any further suggestions.

Is this a comon source of spam and has anyone managed to stop it?

Rik

You can try reporting them to Planet Racer, but I find that generally ineffective. Support might be able to suggest a trick.
Rik
--------------------