Had to request MAC

Started by David, Jul 10, 2009, 22:46:13

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
    Your DSL connection rate: 6592 kbps(DOWN-STREAM),  448 kbps(UP-STREAM)
    IP profile for your line is - 5000 kbps
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 274 kbps

This is going on too long for me now I think its since 5th June this started and IDNET have been great in the past but I have to wonder what I am paying for ,I know that its like bat and ball with blame but as a user I just only wanted to get my service back this is I think about the 4th weekend and although I am faithful and loyal to the forum with all here I have to on this occassion say I feel very let down with so many reasons why but no real explaination nor any real reason to think that things are going to change.
I hope it just me

I need an internet connection which is like I got used to not what I left and as you can see this is painful and I have regrets having to post his.
Lost connections now and to be truthful support has slipped a little I have had Emails not replied to and its just slipped.

No more complaints just dissappointed greatly  :shake:
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Steve

Shame David sorry to hear . Can I suggest try ADSL max on ZEN, if they'll let you have ADSL max or if O2 LLU is available at your exchange go for that . Don't touch O2 8 mb service though. Sam knows will tell you what's available at your exchange.Good luck :fingers:

PS If its any consolation I think I would have made the same decision.
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Glenn

Good luck with your move David, don't be a stranger, like Steve has said, choose wisely where you move to.
Glenn
--------------------

zappaDPJ

I can only sympathise as I'm in the same boat as you although I've delayed switching back to max as I can't risk losing my connection completely. I wish you luck with finding something more stable  :fingers:

Oh by coincidence I also lost my connection tonight as well, it's almost as if we share the same equipment.
zap
--------------------

David

Thanks guys I hope to stay on here as a fully paid up member of this great forum to me one of the best.....I just cant keep being kept in this limbo with really nothing being done thats all...I am not a complainer but it has been a while Zen will proberly get the job  :fingers:
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Simon

I'll be very interested to hear if changing provider solves the problems, David.  You know you'll always be welcome here.  :)
Simon.
--

glen

Know how you feel mate, same boat myself, thinking of changing isp, my connection is up and down like yoyo and pings are getting stupidly high. Dont know whats going on wether its the isp or bt or what and to be honest I dont really care now I just want a connection thats stable, thats all.
They must find it difficult...
Those who have taken authority as the truth,
Rather than truth as the authority

Steve

I think thats part of the frustration we don't have the information at hand to make an educated decision. We know there's 2 parts to the equation BT and the ISP .If we stick to non LLU providers and it gets better we can blame the ISP if stays the same we can blame BT. What we can't change even by going LLU unless we physically move is the connection to the exchange and for that we rely on BT.
Steve
------------

glen

I always wondered if ofcom executives had shares in BT and Tiscali and the rest of it, considering that these companys seem to get away with anything.
They must find it difficult...
Those who have taken authority as the truth,
Rather than truth as the authority

Sebby

Sorry to hear that you're moving on, David. Like Simon, I'll be interested to see whether it resolves your issues.

David

Thanks Sebby and Simon and Glenn and of course not forgetting Rik you do a very difficult job and I you wont know how apreciative I am for all the guidence and help you have given,I wouldnt do your job for all the tea in china and seperating this haven from IDNET its only one persons point but something has changed I appreciate I am a small fish but I hope the service gets back to what it was they are still no doubt one of the best it seems disjointed now and from my point I hope as they do usually learn something.....enough said now.

PuncH

Quote from: badpianoplayer on Jul 11, 2009, 00:44:34
Thanks Sebby and Simon and Glenn and of course not forgetting Rik you do a very difficult job and I you wont know how apreciative I am for all the guidence and help you have given,I wouldnt do your job for all the tea in china and seperating this haven from IDNET its only one persons point but something has changed I appreciate I am a small fish but I hope the service gets back to what it was they are still no doubt one of the best it seems disjointed now and from my point I hope as they do usually learn something.....enough said now.

Sorry to see you go mate, and it's a shame it's come to this.

I am, however, wondering if IDNet's support have been a little overwhelmed by the sudden influx of post ADSL2+ regrade issues? It could be why you feel their service levels have dropped.

I for one believe their service to be as excellent as always, especially after an odd problem with my connection on Wednesday night which was sorted within half an hour of calling the support line at around 6.15pm.

Dopamine

Which ISP are you moving to? Whoever it is, please come back and let us know how you're getting on, as I too have been suffering with a problem that is dragging on and on and on (uploading with IDNet email or to IDNet FTP kills my ability to download) and support don't seem to be that bothered about getting it dealt with quickly. Almost a month has gone by since notifying them of the slowdown, and this is where I'm at:

Initial investigations indicate that this 'problem' is due to the upstream capacity being saturated, when an upload is initiated, which causes delays to the control packets that are regulating the flow of the download stream. i.e. if the speed of the upload could be limited to, say, 80% of the upstream capacity then that would leave enough bandwidth available for the download FTP process to signal back to the server that the data being downloaded has been correctly received in a timely manner. We are currently checking this hypothesis.

How long does it take to check a hypothesis?

I only stay with IDNet because I don't know of anyone better, so your user experience of another ISP will be valuable.

Gary

Sorry to see you go David, but I would probably feel the same, for me there is no LLU here so going back to O" would be out, I would go with AAISP expensive but they look to be good. With all the new adsl 2+ issues (never had any on LLU) I think support is swamped, not that its an excuse but they are not a big company, which is probably why Dopemines issues have not been sorted as well, there is only so much so few people can do at any given time. I have noticed support being "short" but when getting hold of Simon or James the service is great and they and Miriam are fantastic, I hope moving gets your issues sorted. Check out AAISP they seem to be good at taking on problem lines and working on the issues, get back to us and let us know how it goes, and don't be a stranger.
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

trophymick

Sad news David. :bawl: I hope it proves to be the right move. :thumb: As everyone else has said, let us know how you get on.
My pings lately have gone haywire, nothing has changed at this end, I am religious about not disturbing things that are working. :eek4:
Mick

kinmel

Quote from: Dopamine on Jul 11, 2009, 03:33:52
Initial investigations indicate that this 'problem' is due to the upstream capacity being saturated, when an upload is initiated, which causes delays to the control packets that are regulating the flow of the download stream. i.e. if the speed of the upload could be limited to, say, 80% of the upstream capacity then that would leave enough bandwidth available for the download FTP process to signal back to the server that the data being downloaded has been correctly received in a timely manner. We are currently checking this hypothesis.

Have you tried changing your FTP client to ACTIVE mode ?
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?

kinmel

Sorry to hear you are leaving David, we all hope you will keep in touch
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?

Gary

Quote from: trophymick on Jul 11, 2009, 07:52:03
Sad news David. :bawl: I hope it proves to be the right move. :thumb: As everyone else has said, let us know how you get on.
My pings lately have gone haywire, nothing has changed at this end, I am religious about not disturbing things that are working. :eek4:

My pings went mad on gw6 I was moved to gw5 and they are fine, have been for awhile apart from Wimbledon  ::) they are about 29ms over a wifi connection to idnet.
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Ray

Sorry to hear you are going, David,  :fingers: that this solves your problems.  :thumb:
Ray
--------------------

Steve

AAISP just had a look, you've got to be careful between 9am-6pm Mon-Friday I see the professional tariff allows 2GB/month weekday daytime with additional priced in 2Gb steps.
Steve
------------

rireed3

Can you get O2-Be LLU?  If I had your trouble I'd skip right out of BT, if I could.

Richard

trophymick

Quote from: Gary on Jul 11, 2009, 08:13:07
My pings went mad on gw6 I was moved to gw5 and they are fine, have been for awhile apart from Wimbledon  ::) they are about 29ms over a wifi connection to idnet.

I was moved from gw6 onto gw5 a few weeks ago, when a lot of people were having problems. :dunno: It's back to the tin foil hat, now that really works. :thumb:
Mick

Steve

I notice reading the ZEN ADSL2+ info that customers will be moved over to that service when the service has been tested and if your exchange has been enabled. In other words no choice.
Steve
------------

Rik

That's a shame, but I know other ISPs are doing that because of the cost benefits. Take a look at Newnet, David, they may suit your needs. Whatever you do, don't stop coming here.  ;)
Rik
--------------------

Sebby

Quote from: Dopamine on Jul 11, 2009, 03:33:52

Someone else had the same problem. If you're maxing out the upload bandwidth, then even when you try to download, it can't upload the small amount of data needed, hence everything grinds to a halt.