flat adsl extensions

Started by coreservers, Jul 14, 2009, 12:53:29

Previous topic - Next topic

coreservers

currently I run a 5m cat5e from my router downstairs, to my pc. I've been looking at an adsl to adsl flat cable that would mean I could move the router upstairs and just have this almost invisible cable from phone socket upwards.

one of my neighbours has one at 15m and has no problems with his broadband. anyone got any opinions?
If you truly believe you need to pick a mobile phone that 'says something' about your personality, don't bother. You don't have a personality. A mental illness, maybe - but not a personality

Rik

Generally, flat extensions are bad news as they don't use twisted pair cable and are thus prone to noise pickup.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Rik

I thought I made another post, obviously getting senile. ;D The other option is to buy a telephone extension kit from B&Q etc and run in a socket near to your router.
Rik
--------------------

Rik

Rik
--------------------

coreservers

or just stick with the cat5 e. I may try one and see, just for the heck of it, but only after the initial 10 days.
If you truly believe you need to pick a mobile phone that 'says something' about your personality, don't bother. You don't have a personality. A mental illness, maybe - but not a personality

Simon

Quote from: Rik on Jul 14, 2009, 13:13:00
Here's another option, this one is 10m, but they do various lengths:

http://www.adslnation.com/phpapps/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=117

Quote from: Rik on Jul 14, 2009, 13:14:39
I thought I made another post, obviously getting senile. ;D The other option is to buy a telephone extension kit from B&Q etc and run in a socket near to your router.

Quote from: Rik on Jul 14, 2009, 13:16:18
I am getting senile, it was a different thread covering similar issues:

http://www.idnetters.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=15154.msg354296#msg354296

Talking to yourself as well.  Bad sign.  :)x

Simon.
--

Rik

Very. And it's catching, just ask Richard.  ;D
Rik
--------------------

Sebby

Quote from: coreservers on Jul 14, 2009, 13:27:54
or just stick with the cat5 e. I may try one and see, just for the heck of it, but only after the initial 10 days.

Your current setup is much better. You don't want the line cable to be long if possible.

coreservers

I'll leave as is just now until the new conection is "bedded" in, then i'll fart about with it a good bit

Rik

Not in front of the children, I hope. ;)
Rik
--------------------