Previous topic - Next topic

Ann

Quote from: Sebby on Aug 01, 2009, 16:55:00
Any LLU options at your exchange, Ann?
Yes several.  I have to stop moaning and do some research  ;D

Sebby

Wooloff

Quote from: Rik on Jul 22, 2009, 17:59:45
It is, perhaps, worth mentioning that, if you make the move to WBC, you cannot go back to a 'real' Max product, BT are ripping out the DSLAMs as fast as they can go. Instead, you will be put on a WBC service which is profiled to look like a Max product.

Is that still the case even if you move ISP's?

I'm still getting very poor throughput and just seem to be getting fobbed off each time I contact support. At the moment I am doing the BT speedtest 3 times a day for a week and have to give them the results.

I'm thinking of giving WBC a try as I can't see it getting any worse on MAX than it is at the moment. How long is the downtime when moving to WBC?

Also, would it be just a coincidence that my speeds have been suffering since my exchange was updated for WBC? I did not know what date this was done but have just looked and it was the start of June, which ties in with the start of my problems.

Simon

As I understand it, once you move to WBC, it's unlikely that even changing ISPs would get you back to where you were before on Max.  Not sure if it's the same for LLU, but someone else will confirm that.
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Ann

Doesn't bother me if I move ISPs and get the same rubbish speeds, at least I'll paying half the price I am now.

dujas

It'll be interesting to see if the move improves matters.

Ann

I'll let you know.  I've asked for a MAC so give me a couple of weeks.

Sebby

Quote from: Ann on Aug 02, 2009, 20:46:49
Doesn't bother me if I move ISPs and get the same rubbish speeds, at least I'll paying half the price I am now.

The thing is, I'm almost 100% you won't have rubbish speeds on LLU. There was nothing wrong with your connection pre-WBC.

Gary

Quote from: Ann on Aug 02, 2009, 20:46:49

Most companies charge £17 a month on ADSL Ann but unless you go LLU as Sebby and a few others have said, nothing will change really its the same line same BT equipment its WBC that causes problems.
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

bobleslie

Well I'm speeding along here at 900 kbps or so on the WBC juggernaut with a steady 16000 profile.

Steady as a rock.  ::)  :mad:
=Bob=.
Sky/Easylink LLU. Thankfully! ;-)

Rik

Well, on the bright side, you won't get done for speeding, Bob. ;D :out:
Rik
--------------------

bobleslie

:nana:  ;D

I've just paid a speeding fine.  :o
=Bob=.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

bobleslie

But it wasn't on here.  ;)

It was in the neanderthal area of the UK called Suffolkem.  ;D
=Bob=.

Rik

I'll be there in October... Must make sure the TomTom is up to date. :)
Rik
--------------------

bobleslie

I was going to say, make sure your TumTum's full.   ;)

However, I've just spent 5 days in the wilderness thanks to BT, so this is the first opportunity.  ::)
=Bob=.

Rik

What did they do to you, Bob?
Rik
--------------------

bobleslie

No internet access and no line problems. i.e. good sync, just no internet access at all.

No idea yet what problem was.
=Bob=.

Rik

Sounds like a radius server was set wrong, but it could be a dozen other things I guess. :(

I wonder what BT's Xmas parties are like?  :eyebrow:
Rik
--------------------

bobleslie

:lol:

I expect I'll find out in due course. I was using the internet in the early hours of last Tuesday and I was disconnected from internet. Sync was still there just no DNS. For the last 5 days it has synced daily fine at mostly 18000+, but no internet at all except for sporadic connection at speeds lower than dial up. Suspect this was BT testing.

Seems o.k. at moment. I'd be very interested in the technical reasons for such a break in service.
=Bob=.

Rik

Check with support, Bob, but it sounds like BT disconnected the circuit between the MSAN (where you achieved sync) and the rest of the network. :(
Rik
--------------------

bobleslie

Support said there was a break in the connection 'cos they couldn't complete a full line test, so.....that figures. That's when the fault was logged last Tuesday morning.

Yes, of course, I'll try and get an explanation from Support.  ;)

If it helps to cure the low throughput problems, I'll consider it time well spent.  >:D
=Bob=.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

bobleslie

Well, if not, BT has some more work to do.... :whistle:
=Bob=.

Rik

I think they have a lot more work to do regardless. ;)
Rik
--------------------