well sky connect got switched off.

Started by coreservers, Jul 21, 2009, 07:58:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

I am almost as frustrated as you. I know IDNet are doing as much as they can, but the BT staff involved just don't seem to care. :(
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

coreservers

Bt are incompetent liars.
All I want to know is when they are going to fix it, no-one seems to be getting back to me now from IDNet either. so i'm in limbo.  :dunno:

Hope this thread doesnt put any potential customers off, but I cant imagine i'll be the only victim
If you truly believe you need to pick a mobile phone that 'says something' about your personality, don't bother. You don't have a personality. A mental illness, maybe - but not a personality

Rik

They've called your wife this morning as they didn't have your work number. A BT engineer is 'guaranteed' to go to the exchange and rectify the fault today.
Rik
--------------------

Simon

Have you thought of emailing the CEO of BT, Core?  That's been known to help in the past.
Simon.
--

Lance

Lets hope today is the day then!
Lance
_____

coreservers

interestingly... when we lived in a wee highland village near ealiean donan castle a few years ago, I was teh village IT chap, and BT ran their Bb for all campaign, they upgraded our exchange for a 1-2mb speed, but after 2 days it failed. BT actually cliamed it must be "everyone in the villages PC's at fault". we werent having this so I called the msp at his office in edinburgh, and his pa mailed me back statin he'd contacted the scottish ceo. Unfortunately he left thereply from the ceo on the bottom of the forwarded mail, address, direct phone number mail address the lot. So I phoned him, the msp went mental, but it worked they replaced the faulty router next day, no mean feat getting the kit from leiceter to the west highlands overnight.

I aint scared of levels within a company, they're only human, and are usually surrounded by yes men.
If you truly believe you need to pick a mobile phone that 'says something' about your personality, don't bother. You don't have a personality. A mental illness, maybe - but not a personality

Rik

Rik
--------------------

coreservers

you couldnt write this stuff, been offline here, with an internet fault.................. exchange issue!
:groan:

Rik

Do you ever feel they are picking on you?  :shake:
Rik
--------------------

zappaDPJ

zap
--------------------

coreservers

lets hope it's not the engineer who's twice signed the job off as tested then!  :no:

zappaDPJ

Or the one that failed to keep four appointments for me  :eek4:

:fingers: for you.
zap
--------------------

Rapier Racer

You are one patient man I imagine I would have lost the plot before now.

Hope its sorted for you today!  :thumb:

dujas

As simon says, try an email to the CEO of BT, ian.livingston@bt.com. I've done it twice in the past and both times they quickly sorted out the situation to my satisfaction.

coreservers

tried mailing him, got a response. "you need to escalate this through your ISP", despite mentioning that is has been escalated for the past two days even the CEO doesnt really give a damn.

quandam

coreservers

Visit this link   http://www.idnetters.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=15119.new#new  and see the latest picture submitted. It may (may) just put a little smile on your face? :dunno:

coreservers

no change yet i'm afraid, but still time I suppose. Brave to speak to the wife the mood she's been in this week. No -noe home now but all switched on, so all we can do is wait till I get home.
I want to remain with IDnet because
1:- it's a good all in one package
2:-ease of reaching support
3:- I had sky connect!

But if not sorted by the weekend i'll need to look at llu, trouble there is the only ones on my exchange are tivoli and talk talk, and I despise both of them.
This is something IDnet need to sit down with BT and iron out, as they may well loose income from it, nothing worse than losing income by forces outwith your control. Times are tough enough

Rik

Rik
--------------------

coreservers

well according to support, BT have signed off the work, but my connection cant be seen. wife out, so will have to wait to reboot the router, I'd have thought though as it is sitting in connecting state, it should see the exchange come up

Rik

Any idea when your wife will be back? It's already been put back to BT, but it's hard for IDNet to jump up and down too much until you've confirmed that the router is powered up and connected (preferably at the test socket to be 100% certain there's nothing else going on).
Rik
--------------------

glen

QuoteI aint scared of levels within a company, they're only human, and are usually surrounded by yes men.
Well said core totally agree :)

fixed the quote - Glenn
They must find it difficult...
Those who have taken authority as the truth,
Rather than truth as the authority

coreservers

the router is powered up and pc on, she did that before she left today.

glen

They must find it difficult...
Those who have taken authority as the truth,
Rather than truth as the authority

sobranie

If BT maintain they've done what needs to be done then suggest you switch off router for 30 minutes, switch back on and pray!!

coreservers

see post above. "look I'm online"