well sky connect got switched off.

Started by coreservers, Jul 21, 2009, 07:58:21

Previous topic - Next topic

coreservers

I got home from work last night to discover that sky broadband had been switched off finaly, but on inserting the router configured for IDnet..... no sync, no ipaddress, no gateway, no subnet mask.
This entire mogration is descending into a complete and utter farce. andI'm starting to lose patience, I now have no broadband whatsoever. according to ofcom regs, a migration is suppsoed to result on only a few minutes offline, well i've been offline since 7pm last night. i've had no completion mail. My payments have been set up for three different dates, instead of 1 £17.61 .

Starting to wonder if IDnet are indeed all they are cracked up to be.
If you truly believe you need to pick a mobile phone that 'says something' about your personality, don't bother. You don't have a personality. A mental illness, maybe - but not a personality

Glenn

All I can suggest is that you give them a call shortly on 0800 701 2000
Glenn
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

coreservers

I've mailed support, as I'm having to do this at work today, and dont want to spend hours on the phone.
they sent me a mail yesterday to say it was all going ahead, but that was the last i heard that was at noon yesterday
If you truly believe you need to pick a mobile phone that 'says something' about your personality, don't bother. You don't have a personality. A mental illness, maybe - but not a personality

Rik

I'd phone, it sounds like something has gone wrong. (Which I know is stating the obvious, but a phone call gets you to someone who will find out what immediately.)
Rik
--------------------

davej99

Quote from: coreservers on Jul 21, 2009, 08:28:59
...... dont want to spend hours on the phone.

Coming from a mass broadband supplier also, hanging on the phone for hours was the norm, but whenever I have called IDNET I got though to a very savvy person 3rd ring and was off the phone in no time, a couple of minutes end to end.

coreservers

I do appreciate the ease of getting support, and it is genuine and helpful.

but this was supposed to happen last friday, Bt claimed another order was on my line, turns out idnet had placed two orders for broadband for me. it was promised for 6pm yesterday, which seems to have partially happened, but now I have no internet nor xbox live connection at all. and no sign of a resolution as yet, as BT state the job is complete, pretty sure they didnt test it, I cant make call after call to chase it. and dont get in until after 6.30pm. so if it's not up and running this evening I have to wait another day.
Frustration is rapidly kicking in.
UK broadband is really stone age stuff. companies like this are trying to buck the trend, but until control is wrested from BT, we'll be on creaky old copper until teh cows come home

Simon

If you email IDNet, and ask them to call you at home at after you get in, they will usually try to do so.
Simon.
--

Rik

I gather IDNet are chasing BT, Miriam is on the case.
Rik
--------------------

coreservers

Connection time: 00:00:00
Connection with Server: Disconnect
Negotiating: LCP is down.
Authentication: ---
Getting IP addresses: ---
Getting network mask: ---

is what my logs gimme, the negotiating line changes to lcp is allowed to come up, and lcp initialising

Rik

It sounds like BT haven't jumpered the line correctly at the exchange.
Rik
--------------------

Sebby

I must just point out that if you have no sync, it's something to do with BT - the ISP has no control over this.

coreservers

I fully understand that Sebby, and as stated I certainly appreciate being able to get through to someone quickly and with technical knowledge, but this migration has been mucked up from the start, when two orders were placed. which meant I had to wait over the weekend for it to supposedly happen yesterday, which is has partially, but BT have screwed up, my fear is BT's usual 5 day turn around on exchange calls. In which case I'd have to try and get online somehow, be that another company or what i'm not sure, as my wife has online application forms to complete, she's out of work.

and so far i've heard nothing, which presumable means idnet have heard nothing. So am fearing the worst. that i'll have nothing for another week!

quandam

coreservers

I know this is not going to help you with your current situation, but, it is a great reminder to get yourself a USB Vodafone ( it's a bit more difficult with 3 as their bandwidth allowance just lasts for 30 days) dongle load it with 1gb of bandwidth and you have a ready made 'emergency' connection to the internet for times such as you are experiencing at the moment. ;)  Hope you get things sorted quickly :fingers:

coreservers

Thanks quandam, unfortunately we live in one of those scottish areas wherre usb broadband is pretty poor at best, so in reality it's a waste of money.

I'm going to try and get home early to see if there is any update tonight. if not I may cry.

Rik

Miriam will be in touch a bit later. BT have the job down as a repair and IDNet are waiting for an update.
Rik
--------------------

coreservers

Thanks Rik
I got miriams VM. I am very impressed with the service and updates, more tho with the honesty. no corporate bull. But i'm getting it in the neck from the missus  :rant2: .

I guess having been done over by both sky and Bt recently, i'm shoot 1st. I need to be rehabilitated.  :eek4:

Rik

Rik
--------------------

coreservers

ah well I'm away off home now. if i'm on later it worked, of not  :bawl: .

Glenn

Glenn
--------------------

quandam

Quote from: coreservers on Jul 21, 2009, 15:22:54
Thanks quandam, unfortunately we live in one of those scottish areas wherre usb broadband is pretty poor at best, so in reality it's a waste of money.

I'm going to try and get home early to see if there is any update tonight. if not I may cry.

coreservers

I am also in the Highlands of Scotland and the Vodafone USB dongle works fine (Not 3G). It acts as my back up for an unexpected lack of internet connectivity ;)

Think about it, even a poor reception is better than none ;) I do think you would be pleasantly surprised at the reception you get.

Rik

The Vodafone site has fairly detailed maps if you enter your postcode, Core.
Rik
--------------------

coreservers

well here we are day 3, and still no broadband at home. someone needs to kick BT into some form of action or it'll just go on a 5-10 day turn around.
on the down side it's making me think twice about moving my phone to IDnet.

checked my postcode, and It would be intermittant at best, but the reality is I cant afford it, not with just having the one income.

the point of this BB and phone move was to cut costs as the £30.60 a month is cheaper than we pay just now, and the 5 hours free anytime, is just what we need..... but so far I've not seen anything to convince me IDnet carry any weight when it comes to BT fixing issues, considering the engineer who supposedly did the migration on monday Signed the job off as "complete and tested", clearly he didnt test it at all.

Can I just add, i'm not normally a "whinger". and do try not to get frustrated with support and CS staff. however my patience is being sorely tested, at the moment, what with Fridays "there seems to be an order on your line already" to this supposedly tested error.

Rik

It's perhaps worth mentioning that moving the phone line only involves moving the billing, not any connection, so should never result in any problems.
Rik
--------------------

coreservers

still on the positive side..................... erm..............wait I'll get one just shortly.....................erm..................... my dog gets an extra walk at night now

Rik

And you like in a great part of the country. :)
Rik
--------------------