well sky connect got switched off.

Started by coreservers, Jul 21, 2009, 07:58:21

Previous topic - Next topic

sobranie

Well done mate. You have the patience of a saint (similar to me when I moved house and tried getting a simultaneous transfer with the same tel. no.) Took around 2-3 weeks with bt ballsing it up every inch of the way.

wecpcs

Quote from: sobranie on Jul 23, 2009, 23:36:44
Well done mate. You have the patience of a saint (similar to me when I moved house and tried getting a simultaneous transfer with the same tel. no.) Took around 2-3 weeks with bt ballsing it up every inch of the way.

We had the same problem when we last moved 4 years ago, when BT was supposed to transfer our BT phone and BT Broadband connection. But when we moved in no phone or broadband because the number they gave us was our next door neighbours number, because there only used to be one detached bungalow originally on the plot but it was demolished and two detached ones built in its place about 5 years ago, hence our number 4a did not seem to exist, although the previous elderly tenant who had since died hence our purchase, had a BT phone service. It took BT over 3 weeks to sort out, with them giving us several different numbers in the process and still till this day we keep getting phone calls requesting to speak to someone we have not not heard of and insisting they have the correct number. 

Colin

Simon

Yes, it took me over a week to get my phone transferred when I moved, yet they swore it was working, and threatened the call out charge to get an engineer out!  I then told them if the problem was found at their end, I would be charging them for lost earnings while I had to wait in for the engineer, plus my mobile calls.  Miraculously, the phone worked the next day, and no charge.  I still asked for a contribution towards my mobile calls, and they graciously offered me £1.
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Rik

A whole £1?? They were really pushing the boat out that day, Simon.  :shake:
Rik
--------------------

coreservers

ah well a few hours was better than nothing. i'm down again
If you truly believe you need to pick a mobile phone that 'says something' about your personality, don't bother. You don't have a personality. A mental illness, maybe - but not a personality

Simon

Simon.
--

coreservers

nice to happen on a friday as well,
If you truly believe you need to pick a mobile phone that 'says something' about your personality, don't bother. You don't have a personality. A mental illness, maybe - but not a personality

Simon

Simon.
--

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Rik

Router's in sync, only PPP is down. I'm still suspicious of your router, Core.
Rik
--------------------

coreservers

been rebooted now. but cant really test till I get home which will unfortunately be after 6pm. cant pull any webpages tho. i may try the huawei in just in case. wonder if the hard set adsl2+ is causing issues

Rik

Possible, but that amber light troubles me. The Huawei would be a good choice as it's likely you're connected to one of their MSAN's.
Rik
--------------------

coreservers

just not sure of the internal settings for it.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

coreservers

well it's me birthday today so if nothing else I should get enough loot to buy a new one

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Ray

Ray
--------------------

zappaDPJ

zap
--------------------

Simon

Simon.
--

Sebby

coreservers

back again. got home last night and all the settings had gone. not just the internet or pppoa. so was up to 2am with exchange engineer.

now for a brand new belkin G router and syncing at 8.9mb

Rik

Rik
--------------------

coreservers

still up, does anyone know how to see your snr etc on a belkin router synch'ed at 8088 with up  of 808 but speed.io gives a throughput of 2091 and 756 up. althuogh I am on learning mode.

also how do I run a bt speed test?

Rik

BT test is at:

http://test.speedtester.bt.com:50301/

It sounds like you have have a 2Mbps or so profile atm. Can't help with the Belkin, sorry, but try Kitz:

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.php
Rik
--------------------

coreservers

here's my bt stats, do these look ok for dlm period?

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
    Your DSL connection rate: 7291 kbps(DOWN-STREAM),  888 kbps(UP-STREAM)
    IP profile for your line is - 7150 kbps
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 2066 kbps

thruput looks a bit low