well sky connect got switched off.

Started by coreservers, Jul 21, 2009, 07:58:21

Previous topic - Next topic

sobranie

Quote from: coreservers on Jul 26, 2009, 07:48:49
here's my bt stats, do these look ok for dlm period?

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
    Your DSL connection rate: 7291 kbps(DOWN-STREAM),  888 kbps(UP-STREAM)
    IP profile for your line is - 7150 kbps
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 2066 kbps

thruput looks a bit low

thruput is low and possibly stuck. If you don't see an improvement within a few days give IDNet a bell and they will 'unstick' it with bt.
jftr mine went from sub 2000 to 7000+ within an hour after ringing IDNet.

Lance

BT in this case the profile isn't stuck low, in fact it looks stuck high. I would email that result and any others you can do today to support as part of their esculation within BT.
Lance
_____

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Rik

Throughput is low, otherwise they look OK. Let support have that result (preferably with a couple of others to establish any pattern).
Rik
--------------------

coreservers

3 days of solid internet acess. it's like VE day in my house.  :thumb: Have to say support have been absolutley great. and the wee BT engineer who worked until 3am saturday was also fantastic.

Turns out two of the 3 ports they put me on were faulty, and closing everytiem the router was rebooting. once moved for the 3rd time everything began to come up. I decided to invest in a new router just to be safe, as the huawei was really, really wierd. The engineer also mentioned the fact that he'd found another couple of data stream circuits in the exchange, so some work ahead for him I think.

Very impressed with download rates even with my low throughput, Which i've emailed to support. On sky connect an average download would be 48-95kbs. last night I decided to upgrade to IE8 and got an averae of 278kbs.

If you truly believe you need to pick a mobile phone that 'says something' about your personality, don't bother. You don't have a personality. A mental illness, maybe - but not a personality

Lance

Glad there is some stability at last!
Lance
_____

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Sebby

coreservers

latest test today still shows 2mb throughput

Your DSL connection rate: 5749 kbps(DOWN-STREAM),  888 kbps(UP-STREAM)
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 2091 kbps

I hope I'm going to get more, on sky I got a steady 5.5mb except when they traffic shaped
If you truly believe you need to pick a mobile phone that 'says something' about your personality, don't bother. You don't have a personality. A mental illness, maybe - but not a personality

Rik

You should get a lot more. It looks like a stuck profile, but clearly isn't. Are you able to try a test first thing in the morning?
Rik
--------------------

coreservers

I'll run one before I head of to work, probably 6am ish

Rik

If that's good, it points at exchange congestion, if it's the same, IDNet need to sort the connection.
Rik
--------------------

coreservers

in saying that downloads are still much faster then sky, and I've just got slapped 4-0 by some 14 yearold at pro evo on 360, without any lagging to blame :blush:

my tests yesterday were from 7.30am to 10pm and all were around 2091. will try again at 11pm and 6am

coreservers

trying speed.io as well all seem to be the same no matter what. but hey I'm glad to be online again. at the weekend i'm upgrading some wiring though, as I suspect it's a bit shonky. I'm putting in shielded utp adsl cable.

rireed3

If I understand, your ADSL cable will be long.  That's an unfortunate weakness in ADSL.  I found that the shielded twisted pair 3m cable I bought from Maplin cut my noise margin by about 2-db compared to the short two-wire flat cable I got from Thomson with my router.

This made positioning the router a bit awkward, but choosing to have long cat5 ethernet and wireless for my two pc's was better than having a longer ADSL cable, even of good quality.

Richard

coreservers

not really, the adsl lead will only be 3 meters. then a 10meter cat5E. which is run up through the hall ceiling under floorboards to the office.

Your DSL connection rate: 5749 kbps(DOWN-STREAM),  888 kbps(UP-STREAM)
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 2091 kbps

run at 5.45am still aroud the 2mb mark. is it best to phone support or just mail this to them?

Glenn

Glenn
--------------------

Lance

Although maybe mail it to them as well so they can collate it wih the other poor speedtests.
Lance
_____