Moving to IDnet

Started by psp83, Feb 24, 2007, 21:13:03

Previous topic - Next topic

psp83

Hi all..

I'm currently looking to move to another ISP within the next week or so and first choice is IDnet.

Do IDnet support datastream migration?

I need a reliable connection as i do work from home sometimes when i can't be bothered to go into the office and my current ISP is not very reliable with connection speeds. I'm synced over 5000kbps and currently only getting just over 256k speeds.

Anyone wish to guess what ISP i'm with?  ;D I'm waiting for my MAC, its been 2 days so far :(

Be grateful to hear back from people already on IDnet and hear your storys, good and bad.

Regards,
Paul

DorsetBoy

:D :D

Welcome aboard Paul.

I think you will find that Idnet will be what you are looking for.The service is very good and speeds are generally not a problem.There have been some issues at peak times but new centrals are coming on line any day now.

The one thing you will notice is the excellent Customer Service,phone answered very quickly and you speak to people that really know what they are about.

I am sure there will be other members along to greet you before long.

Inactive

Hi Paul and Welcome.

I was with Plusnet until last November ..  :(

No regrets at all about my move to IDNet.

:banana2:
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

maxping

Quote from: psp83 on Feb 24, 2007, 21:13:03

Be grateful to hear back from people already on IDnet and hear your storys, good and bad.

Hi Paul and welcome to the forums.

Ive been with IDNet for over 12 months and have no regrets at all,great speeds,pings,reliability and customer service, you wont be disappointed.

cavillas

Hello Paul.  It will be nice to welcome you when you get here, finally.  You will find IDNet a breath of fresh air.  Stable, reliable and excellent CS and support.  A very friendly forum although some comments should be taken with a packet of salt  ;D
------
Alf :)

Lance

Welcome to the forums, Paul.

I've been with IDnet since October and, like all the others above, have had absolutely no issues with anything at all!

You won't regret coming here.  :)
Lance
_____

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Rik

I can only echo what everyone else has said, Paul. IDNet is my 17th ISP by my count, though some of the names have become blurred over the years. I believe it's the one I will be staying with for a very long time.

Welcome to the forum, we'll look forward to welcoming you to the service. :)
Rik
--------------------

drummer

Quote from: psp83 on Feb 24, 2007, 21:13:03

Do IDnet support datastream migration?

Yes they do indeed.
To stay is death but to flee is life.

psp83

Thank you for the replys.

I'll be chasing my ISP up today for my MAC.
Anyone know how long it roughly takes to change over?

Lance

I think it's taking around 4 to 5 working days, but not sure though.
Lance
_____

DorsetBoy

Quote from: psp83 on Feb 25, 2007, 12:00:54
Thank you for the replys.

I'll be chasing my ISP up today for my MAC.
Anyone know how long it roughly takes to change over?

As of February 14/2007 they are required to give issue a MAC Code in 5 days.

Rik

Fwiw, IDNet migrated me in in 3 working days... If you give them a call, they'll give you a date just as soon as you have your MAC. 0800 0267 237 or email contactus@idnet.net.
Rik
--------------------

rgt247

Hi

I recently moved from Plusnet so here my experience.

My billing date with Plusnet is the 29th of each month. I requested my MAC code from Plusnet on the 22nd of January. I used it on the 15th February. On the Friday (16th) I had an email from Idnet giving my login details IP ect. This gave a migration date of the 23rd.
On the 23rd about 1pm I had a second email from Idnet saying my migration was complete, I swapped over login details in my router. Worked fine.

Well worth the effort of joining I can believe the difference between +net and IDnet. p2p works, currently 300 kb/s with Limewire,general web browsing is so much faster. Just try the following.....

www.mlb.com
www.theregister.co.uk
www.trafficengland.com

The above are very slow to load with Plusnet but so much faster with Idnet.  ;D

I have told Plusnet that I have moved so I don't get billed for March due 28th Feb.

Hope this helps.
Rich

Plusnet :P

psp83

Well it looks like i wont be with IDnet this week :(

My current ISP messed up today and sent me an email containing someone elses details and MAC code.
Thank god i'm leaving them!  ;D

stevelondon

Hi Paul welcome hope you get it sorted soon  ::)

Rik

Quote from: psp83 on Feb 26, 2007, 18:53:19
My current ISP messed up today and sent me an email containing someone elses details and MAC code.

My computer supplier sends me other people's machines. They're not related are they? :)
Rik
--------------------

stevelondon

Quote from: psp83 on Feb 26, 2007, 18:53:19
Well it looks like i wont be with IDnet this week :(

Thank god i'm leaving them!  ;D

It wouldn't be Orange would it they are a dab and at that.

psp83

Rik

There's nothing anyone can say to that. :)
Rik
--------------------

psp83

lol, thats why i'm changing.

I'm a web designer and i need a reliable connection in the evening and Tiscali was fine for me upto a few months back when everything went down hill.

So i heard good reports about IDnet and so i choose them to join.. WHEN i get my MAC code :P

Rik

You'll love it here, great service and no script jockeys. It comes as a shock when you first arrive. :)
Rik
--------------------

psp83

I dont know if it'll come to shock to me, i deal with good support most days, especially rackspace. now thats what you call support :)

But yeh, i'm sure IDnet is 210% better than tiscali  ;D

Rik

Quote from: psp83 on Feb 26, 2007, 20:04:21
But yeh, i'm sure IDnet is 210% better than tiscali  ;D

That's not saying much, now is it? :)

In America, rackspace support could take on a whole new meaning... :out:
Rik
--------------------

psp83

Looks like i'll be a IDnet user soon, got my MAC code today.

Whats the best way to sign up? I can't phone at the moment as i'm at the office and busy with a clients website and probly be on and off the phone all day and i wont be home till 7/8pm :(

Paul.

Lance

I reckon sign up using the IDNet website here.

This is how I signed up and it was a pain free experience  :)
Lance
_____