What is going on ?

Started by old Bill, Feb 21, 2007, 08:47:59

Previous topic - Next topic

old Bill

Have just been over to DSL Zone. Is this a fix or have Idnets recent issues hit it hard ?
http://www.dslzoneuk.net/isp_ratings.php

Nerval

Interesting!
I'd suspect tactical voting from some of the trolls on AG and the like who seem to have it in for IDNet fanboys.
You can only vote for your ISP once, but you can also vote for as many other ISPs as you like.
So my guess would be that they've voted well for a number of other ISPs, then voted badly for IDNet.

This particular poll is a bit of a nonsense - what is the point of letting you vote for an ISP you're not with, other than to rig the voting?

RJM

They are all mainly Entanet resellers.

They have had a tremendous amount of new customers due to their allowances methinks.
Robin

Inactive

Quote from: Nerval on Feb 21, 2007, 09:01:20

This particular poll is a bit of a nonsense - what is the point of letting you vote for an ISP you're not with, other than to rig the voting?

Agreed Nerv...seems a total nonsense.

;)
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

Perhaps that's a point IDNet should make to the site, Nerv?
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Nerval

That's up to Simon.
He does seem bothered about the rating as he posted on here about it, so it would make sense to do so.

old Bill

Dont forget that most of Idnets success is because of its great reputation. It has allways been a ISP that will put itself out to help you. The first thing new customers might look at is the poles and the reviews. If you see a enta reseller at no 1 with good reviews are you going to bother loooking at say someone at no 8 even if they are better.

stevelondon

Interesting!

I find that strange too it would be fairer if votes were restricted to the ISP you are subscribed with, perhaps theres a reason for it if there is i can't see what that is.

Rik

Just possibly to let you comment on an ISP you've recently left, Steve, but it's a dangerous precedent.
Rik
--------------------

maxping

Quote from: old Bill on Feb 21, 2007, 15:13:04
It has always been a ISP that will put itself out to help you. The first thing new customers might look at is the poles and the reviews.

As i can no longer use the TB IDNet forum could i ask the regular users over there to do as Cav has done and put a link in your sig to this forum.
The more that visit here the merrier and some may like it and stay.

Just a request feel free to ignore me  :laugh:

Rik

I'm not flavour of the month there right now, Max, being described alternately as a fanboy or groupie. I'll wait a while, but will definitely add it - good idea!
Rik
--------------------

maxping

Thanks , i also got the fanboy tag but used it to wind them up , if you are in a huge majority of happy users why not let everyone know   ;) :laugh:

Rik

Quote from: maxping on Feb 21, 2007, 18:04:56
Thanks , i also got the fanboy tag but used it to wind them up , if you are in a huge majority of happy users why not let everyone know   ;) :laugh:

Good point, I'll go and alter it now. :)
Rik
--------------------

maxping

Quote from: rikbean on Feb 21, 2007, 18:06:08
Good point, I'll go and alter it now. :)

Careful m8 they will be reporting you to the mods  for trouble making.  :laugh:

Rik

I have an excellent conduct record there, Max. :)
Rik
--------------------

maxping

Quote from: rikbean on Feb 21, 2007, 18:15:16
I have an excellent conduct record there, Max. :)

You must be very tolerant  :laugh:

Rik

Naah, just lots of toothmarks on my tongue.  :laugh:
Rik
--------------------

maxping

Nerval

Max, is it your IP that TB has banned, or would you just need to use somebody else's account to start trolling again?

maxping

They banned my ip then i used a proxy and new account but he got wise and now i cannot get in.
To be honest its pointless there are 3 resident trolls in there ,i would be banned again within hours.  :laugh:

AvengerUK

TB is extremely difficult not to get banned in. Theres plenty of times i was about to post something...then decided that it was likely to get me banned! (Lots of toothmarks here to!)

Problem is that theres lots of "strong characters" on there, all of which seem to have a love/hate relationship with different ISPs for no particular reason!

old Bill

Just had a look at DSl Zone again. Their ratings have had a bit of a face lift. Its still not good new for Idnet. They have slipped in to the pale greens.
http://www.dslzoneuk.net/isp_ratings.php

Inactive

Just added a pos. comment, moved up a notch...  ;D
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.