Moving to IDnet

Started by psp83, Feb 24, 2007, 21:13:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Inactive

I did mine all via the IDNet Web page..no problem.

Look forward to greeting you as an IDNetter.
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

psp83

So do i just click the order button on the one i want? what step do i have to enter my MAC on?

Inactive

Quote from: psp83 on Feb 27, 2007, 11:38:15
So do i just click the order button on the one i want? what step do i have to enter my MAC on?

I cannot remember now psp, but it was an absolute doddle, I did it, so it had to be.. ;D I just followed the onscreen set up.
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Lance

Quote from: psp83 on Feb 27, 2007, 11:38:15

Yup, just click 'order now' next to the one you want. I can't remember which step you enter your MAC code (possibly the second).
Lance
_____

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

psp83

Hmm, i got to the stage off entering my mac code and current ISP, went to select the current package with my isp and only get IPstream options, when i'm on Datastream MAX premium. Does this have to be selected? i just want to be sure as i dont want nothing to go wrong.

Inactive

I have no idea what Datastream is, sorry.

AvengerUK

"In telecommunications, a datastream is a sequence of digitally encoded coherent signals (packets of data or datapackets) used to transmit or receive information that is in transmission. "

psp83

Datastream is where the ISP has more control over your connection than they do with IPstream, eg, they can set there own contention.

Inactive

Quote from: AvengerUK on Feb 27, 2007, 12:14:59
"In telecommunications, a datastream is a sequence of digitally encoded coherent signals (packets of data or datapackets) used to transmit or receive information that is in transmission. "

Thanks Avenger, I am now so much wiser..  ;D ;D ;D

Didn't mean a thing to me...

psp, if you are not sure, give IDnet a quick ring, they will help you straight away.

psp83

i missed read it, you only have to select it if you know your speed, so since mine wasnt listed i just left it blank, i've now placed the order and waiting to hear back  ;D

Inactive

Brilliant well done, keep us updated.  ;)

psp83

Connection should be active on 6th march at 6pm :)

Rik

I'll set out a comfy chair ready for you. :)
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

alcav

Hi all, :)
been reading all your comments re-IDnet and I must say I am very impressed.I am in the termination of contract process with Orange due to a recent upgrade which brought nothing but problems,eg frequent disconnections,slow speeds,poor customer help,Indian call centres ::)etc.

After reading all your posts,it looks like my mind is made up to join IDnet,probably the "light"package as I am a silver surfer and other than doing some flight simming and light browsing +email I feel it would be adequate.

I have taken the advice of one of your forum members and ordered 2 new ADSL filters as the current ones are from my first adsl connection with Freeserve some 3 years ago ;)

I look forward to joining you all within the next week or two,and I have to say I enjoy your forum very much.regards....Alan

psp83

Quote from: rikbean on Feb 27, 2007, 14:04:50
I'll set out a comfy chair ready for you. :)

Do i also get a nice comfy foot rest? ;)

Quote from: alcav on Feb 27, 2007, 14:20:46
Hi all, :)
been reading all your comments re-IDnet and I must say I am very impressed.I am in the termination of contract process with Orange due to a recent upgrade which brought nothing but problems,eg frequent disconnections,slow speeds,poor customer help,Indian call centres ::)etc.

After reading all your posts,it looks like my mind is made up to join IDnet,probably the "light"package as I am a silver surfer and other than doing some flight simming and light browsing +email I feel it would be adequate.

I have taken the advice of one of your forum members and ordered 2 new ADSL filters as the current ones are from my first adsl connection with Freeserve some 3 years ago ;)

I look forward to joining you all within the next week or two,and I have to say I enjoy your forum very much.regards....Alan

I've gone for the Home Max one, 30gb a month since theres 3pc's and a laptop in my house. And if all goes well then i'll probly upgrade to the premium package so i can have faster uploads.

alcav

Hi    wow 3 pc's and a laptop eh 8) ....I have enough probs with 1 pc  ;D       Alan

psp83

Yeh it can be a pain to maintain them all but not really had any problems.

1 pc's is for development use, the other is a gaming rig and the 3rd one is used as a testing server when doing work from home. But also get used by friends and family.

Laptop is just used for keeping work suff on.