AAISP looking to ditch BT

Started by Tacitus, Aug 13, 2009, 15:56:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Tacitus

Looks as if AAISP have had enough of BT and the issues surrounding 21CN.  At least they look to be offering links to an alternative alternative network in an effort to do something about the shambles that BT is currently becoming.

I wonder if any other ISP will jump ship and start to use either Be or possibly C&W who also have an extensive network. Not sure how this would affect WBC.

Rik

Very interesting, they may not be the last to make such a move.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Tacitus

Quote from: Rik on Aug 13, 2009, 16:02:04
Very interesting, they may not be the last to make such a move.

Given AAISP's penchant for telling it like it is, there may be some more interesting information to come out of all this.  If enough ISPs do it and publicise the fact very loudly, this could hit BTs efforts to get their hands in the taxpayer's pocket.

Also since BT is rapidly becoming a pensions liability with the encumbrance of a communications network, I suspect the only reason they are issuing a share dividend is to reduce the risk of a takeover bid. 

Rik

It could also reveal Ofcom in a very harsh light.  :fingers:
Rik
--------------------

dujas

I believe Vivaciti, the Entanet reseller, also now resell BE LLU after suffering a backlash from Entanet's traffic management debarcle. Dangerous territory to be moving into though, what's to stop customers just cutting out the middle man and switching to BE?

Rik

I suppose the same thing which stops people going to BT?
Rik
--------------------

Tacitus

Quote from: dujas on Aug 13, 2009, 17:22:05
....Dangerous territory to be moving into though, what's to stop customers just cutting out the middle man and switching to BE?

I imagine AAISP believe their 'we will fix your line' sales pitch will still bring in the customers.  Even if the go to Be for the network traffic, they're still going to have issues with the last mile.

Rik

With the same Openreach engineers working on them. :(
Rik
--------------------

Tacitus

Quote from: Rik on Aug 13, 2009, 18:32:01
With the same Openreach engineers working on them. :(

Exactly.  It must be a nightmare being in the ISP business at present. 

David

Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

quandam

Quote from: Tacitus on Aug 13, 2009, 18:30:00
I imagine AAISP believe their 'we will fix your line' sales pitch will still bring in the customers.  Even if the go to Be for the network traffic, they're still going to have issues with the last mile.

I do agree, you can't get out of the 'basic' system offered ;)

Simon

Look what David done now!  Viva la revolution!  ;D 
Simon.
--

Rik

You mean David's on the turn?  :eyebrow:
Rik
--------------------

Simon

Simon.
--

David

Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Glenn

I think you may need one of these David  :hehe:
Glenn
--------------------

Rik

:lol:

They don't like it up 'em. ;D
Rik
--------------------

David

David

QuoteYou mean David's on the turn
not me shipmate  ;D :no:

Ann

If everyone uses Be, we'll end up with congestion all over again.  I think they should stay away  :eek4:

David

:hehe: :pmsl: You only have yourself to blame Ann now move over I need some of that speed  ;D ;D

Simon

Yes, you can't expect to brag about it on here, Ann, and then keep it all to yourself!  ;D  :legpull:
Simon.
--

Ann

But... but... but.. the cutomer service comes from.. wait for it.. Bulgaria!  Yous all wouldn't like that.

David

Come on Ann we all know they are in Milton Keynes  ;) ;D

Simon

Simon.
--