AAISP looking to ditch BT

Started by Tacitus, Aug 13, 2009, 15:56:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

David

Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Gary

AAISP would really have to alter thier price structuring to become a Be/O2 reseller though, as most people would just go back to Be/O2 for a better deal, I mean if O2 on LLU on a line that can't do more than 8MB can give you the service if you have a mobile or even a pay and go one for £7.50 a month what can AAISP offer  :dunno:
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

David

Im with T.Mobile in contract Gary and cant find any mobile stuff from them  :dunno: contract has three months to run (18 months) then I maybe in a better position...Virgin dont cover this area with cable....Sky  no thanks  :dunno:
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Gary

Quote from: badpianoplayer on Aug 16, 2009, 17:17:17
Im with T.Mobile in contract Gary and cant find any mobile stuff from them  :dunno: contract has three months to run (18 months) then I maybe in a better position...Virgin dont cover this area with cable....Sky  no thanks  :dunno:
go with Be 3 mth contract David or get an o2 pay and go sim card (free online) and just stick it in an old phone then you could go O2, but they do a year contract though, myself I had no issues with their LLU product and for £7.50 it was perfect, the prices go up the faster your line can go but still very cheap with a sim.

David

Wow I didnt know I could do this.. :thumb: :thnks: Gary will check this out could solve a lot of things

Gary

Quote from: badpianoplayer on Aug 16, 2009, 17:31:23
Wow I didnt know I could do this.. :thumb: :thnks: Gary will check this out could solve a lot of things
The O2 deal is good David if you do not mind a contract, they also do a cooling off period I believe still http://freesim.o2.co.uk/

David

Thanks Gary....will give this a try out pay as you go to see if I get on with it then when T mobile has run out change over  :thumb:

Gary

Quote from: badpianoplayer on Aug 16, 2009, 17:47:26
Thanks Gary....will give this a try out pay as you go to see if I get on with it then when T mobile has run out change over  :thumb:
Or just top a pay and go once every now and then David, and still get cheap Broad band its not the useage its the fact you own one and topped up so it was working  ;) If you can get away with topping up a tenner once a year maybe than why not, check how long the top up lasts

David

I will Gary I had not bothered taking notice of this before now....will go and get one  :thumb:

Gary

Quote from: badpianoplayer on Aug 16, 2009, 17:54:35
I will Gary I had not bothered taking notice of this before now....will go and get one  :thumb:
:thumb:

David

Can this work with the lap top Gary if I buy a dongle or whaever its called .....

Ann

Quote from: Gary on Aug 16, 2009, 17:52:25
Or just top a pay and go once every now and then David, and still get cheap Broad band its not the useage its the fact you own one and topped up so it was working  ;) If you can get away with topping up a tenner once a year maybe than why not, check how long the top up lasts

You have to top up at least a tenner every 3 months to get the cheap deal.

David

bobleslie

There are a number of caveats with O2, especially if it's O2 Access (BT :rant2:) which is utter cr*p.

It's worth reading all the T & C's several times.

For example, if you miss your top-up deadline you'll be invoiced at a higher rate for BB. No appeal.

Also, after the 30 days, you'll pay a penalty fee if you want to leave before your 12 month's contract is up. Even if the service is rubbish. This will make a nonsense of your 'special deal savings'.

If you encounter any exchange problems (almost certain, we're talking BT here), you'll be interleaved and O2 won't do anything about it.

When you leave, as you will, you must tell them separately from leaving that you want to leave and that you have left. Otherwise, they'll continue to invoice you for a service they no longer provide even though your line is no longer with them.

Do you get the the drift? So be very careful.  :evil:
=Bob=.
Sky/Easylink LLU. Thankfully! ;-)

David

:thnks: for that Bob  :eek4:

Sure you hav'nt been talking to Glenn ?   ;D

Glenn

Glenn
--------------------

bobleslie

Quote from: badpianoplayer on Aug 16, 2009, 18:54:46
:thnks: for that Bob  :eek4:

Sure you hav'nt been talking to Glenn ?   ;D

;D

No. Just got the burn marks on my arse.  ::)  ;D
=Bob=.

David

:rofl2: :rofl: :karmic:

I just spat tea everywhere Bob

David

Quote from: Glenn on Aug 16, 2009, 18:56:33
:tease: What have I done now? ;D

The curse of Glenn strikes again  :evil: :evil:

bobleslie

=Bob=.

Gary

Quote from: bobleslie on Aug 16, 2009, 18:51:31
There are a number of caveats with O2, especially if it's O2 Access (BT :rant2:) which is utter cr*p.

It's worth reading all the T & C's several times.

For example, if you miss your top-up deadline you'll be invoiced at a higher rate for BB. No appeal.

Also, after the 30 days, you'll pay a penalty fee if you want to leave before your 12 month's contract is up. Even if the service is rubbish. This will make a nonsense of your 'special deal savings'.

If you encounter any exchange problems (almost certain, we're talking BT here), you'll be interleaved and O2 won't do anything about it.

When you leave, as you will, you must tell them separately from leaving that you want to leave and that you have left. Otherwise, they'll continue to invoice you for a service they no longer provide even though your line is no longer with them.

Do you get the the drift? So be very careful.  :evil:
If its On access forget it, the LLU product is fine, you can use up £10 worth of credit over a few months easily I would have thought. I had no issue with leaving them and as with most companies you should cancel any direct debit when you leave, they never tried to bill me again anyway. I hated access but when I was on LLU it was very reliable and I had no issues, untill I moved and could not get LLU anymore.

bobleslie

Notwithstanding LLU, expressly excluded from some of the comments above, I cancelled my DDR so no unauthorised payments could be taken.

It still did not stop them invoicing me and they would have continued to do so had I not put a stop to it. Others have complained of the same treatment so it's not isolated.

BTW stopping a DDR does not stop a debt accumulating, as any Debt Collection Agency will tell you. 

There is no way their system will automatically stop invoicing you despite you having migrated away without you expressly telling them that you have migrated away. They confirmed this was the case. They even maintained that I was still connected to O2  ::), but I had evidence to prove otherwise. Idiots.

So the message is clear...be careful....and don't assume anything. It cost me about £50 to get out of the contract, even though the Access service was abysmal, but I just couldn't stand it any longer. That payment made a nonsense of the savings I expected by leaving for O2 in the first place.

The message is clear....be careful out there.  ::)
=Bob=.

Simon

Also, from the O2 site:

QuoteWhen your sim arrives, go online to activate it at www.o2.co.uk/activatemysim. You will be subject to a light credit check and then the goodness of our best value sim is all yours to enjoy.

Assuming you're paying up front each month, why do they need to do a credit check?  I like O2, and I've been with them ever since I've had a mobile, when they were BT Cellnet, even before Orange came along, but that struck me as a bit odd.  :dunno:
Simon.
--

David

What is (dumb question perhaps) the difference between this and my current phone which will go online but drives me nuts  :dunno: