worrying noises

Started by coreservers, Aug 12, 2009, 10:10:25

Previous topic - Next topic

coreservers

Just as well Dujas, cause that's all most of us are getting with WBC  :whistle:
If you truly believe you need to pick a mobile phone that 'says something' about your personality, don't bother. You don't have a personality. A mental illness, maybe - but not a personality

zappaDPJ

zap
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

bobleslie

...with the wind behind us. :whistle:
=Bob=.
Sky/Easylink LLU. Thankfully! ;-)

Rik

In my case, it's a northerly...  ;)
Rik
--------------------

bobleslie

Good lunch, then?  ;)

(Not an excuse for a detailed list of all the ingredients.  ;D)
=Bob=.
Sky/Easylink LLU. Thankfully! ;-)

Rik

Very, Bob. Donald Russell at their best. :)
Rik
--------------------

coreservers

well my BT trials continue, can anyone think of a good soap name for it?

our last 4 phone digits are 0190, my wife picked up the phone and some woman on 7145 was having a conversation. With someone else. my broadband is now re-sunc-ing every half hour or so, so I expect to have my speed stolen, pretty soon.

I hate British telecom. Indian call centre get award for script reading. and promise to fix it by monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time for some fallout 3 killing I think.
If you truly believe you need to pick a mobile phone that 'says something' about your personality, don't bother. You don't have a personality. A mental illness, maybe - but not a personality

Simon

I feel for you.  This is ridiculous.  :mad:
Simon.
--

Rik

I would think the local media would be interested in this story...  :whistle:
Rik
--------------------

coreservers

sent the following to ian livingstone and dan moss.

What exactly is Bt\openreach's purpose?

Are you not a telecoms company, there to provide the end user with good reliable telecoms. Or are you there to view the custoemer as a cash machine, and provide as cheap and little service as possible.

1:- 4 weeks ago, I was supposed to have a nice simple migration from sky connect to IDnet, mac codes were provided, and all was set.
2:- I spent a week offline as BT engineers completely bungled the migration, by creating the wrong type of circuit, a datastream, that would barely funtion under dial up.
3:- Broadband has been unstable at best since then, and Bt engineers have now had at least 6 attempts to fix it and failed. I was even told "your line has always struggled with broadband".  So Bt's policy is now to tell lies to customers to get it off the hook. I had a year of perfect stability before the cowboys visited my exchange.
4:- Yesterday, after a further visit earlier this week, to the exchange. I could hear a phone ringing whilst I was chatting to my wife on the phone. I reported a voice fault, and heard nothing. on arriving home, I found that all I could hear was a loud electrical buzzing on my phone, and my broadband was now re-sync'ing every 5-10 minutes.
5:- I can now hear someione elses phone calls. My number is xxx-xxx-0190, but I'm getting calls and can listen to xxx-xxx-1790.

And your marvellous script reading call centre, now tell me it might be fixed by monday, but might not. I am moving all my billing away from BT, supposedly on Friday, although I may postpone it as I think BT will use that as a further excuse not to spend any money fixing existing faults.
but am doing so because frankly you are a waste of money. And are holding the Uk's broadband services in the dark ages. 

Seems BT, a telecoms company, is unable to actually deal with telecoms problems.

I have forwarded this case is full inglorious detail to both Ofcom, Otelo and The Scotsman newspaper, BBC's Watchdog and to STV news. Not an action/i take lightly, but going through the "proper procedure" seems to bring no results. Or does indeed bring things to a worse state than we had to begin with.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

coreservers

I see no reason to pull any punches. Time they heard from a real custoemr and not a flipchart survey of customers

Rik

I'm with you - bringing the media in is often the only way to get your case heard. (A letter/email to your MP would do no harm either...)
Rik
--------------------

coreservers

oh I dunno Rik, you aint ever met my MP... come to think of it.... i dont think anyone has  :dunno:

Rik

There's always the minister responsible for BB, who happens to be David's MP...
Rik
--------------------

rireed3

Poor baby.  Living rough, I shouldn't wonder  ::)

Anyway, you'd be happy with the dark ages.  As I recall it included voice.

Welcome to Club Intermittent.  That's three of us I know of who waited more than a month until WE could catch it happening.  In my case, they ignored me for another month until I lost voice altogether, mine and the telephone's.

"Intermittents are very difficult", they moaned afterwards, but if you've GOT THE EQUIPMENT you can see it over time.  BT simply refuse to bother  :rant2: :rant2: :rant2: :rant2:

Richard

Simon

Good on you, Core, and I hope it finally brings some better results!  :thumb:
Simon.
--

coreservers

well apparently all is fixed. I say apparently because, gaming is laggy and continually disconnecting. three times I've been thrown off the pro evo servers from the 360. and once flight sim multiplayer dropped hte connection, and was also laggy and painfully slow.

I'm getting near my wits end.