IS THE MAIL DOWN

Started by talos, Aug 16, 2009, 09:57:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

It does. Thanks, Ray.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Rik

As is everything else...
Rik
--------------------

David

I have only just managed to get online also tried everything in the end unpluggged the router,no mail nothing  :dunno: I put it down to the works being carried out,they did say it would not affect service............so I work on the assumption it will  ;D

When I say "They" I mean my isp  ;D
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Rik

That's the second such report I've seen this morning, David. I think BT's 'no interruptions' equate to their 'up to 24 Mbps'. :(
Rik
--------------------

davej99

POP mail now working.

David

QuoteThat's the second such report I've seen this morning, David. I think BT's 'no interruptions' equate to their 'up to 24 Mbps'. Sad

I had semi expected it although it took longer than usual to get online one possible good thing they are doing something !wonder how many are struggling with the same problem  :dunno:

My mail is back now as well
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Rik

Quote from: davej99 on Aug 16, 2009, 11:40:36
POP mail now working.

It is, Dave, as is the customer portal, etc. The network status page shows details of the problem.
Rik
--------------------

David

That would not have had an effect on me though surely Rik  ???

Rik

It shouldn't, that was the other Dave I was talking to. ;) There is a BT MUX issue though, but that shouldn't be affecting you either.
Rik
--------------------

David

:dunno: There is nothing on my status page

Rik

As I say, it's possible that it's the BT 'dimensioning' work, but I really don't know.
Rik
--------------------

David

Quotedimensioning'
:hehe:

Why cant they use bl...dy English  ;D

Rik

Because we might find out what the problem was, David. ;)
Rik
--------------------

David

I read yesterday that I think its Facebook they have a page or whatever they call it entitled We Hate BT ,or something like this...now there is an accolade

Rik

I bet that's heavily subscribed to. :)
Rik
--------------------

David

camdave

Sorry to confuse the issue - another Dave here!
As at 12.39 still no email (obviously web OK) I have re-booted my router & computer, not that I expected it to make any difference.

David

Rik

It should be working OK, certainly is for me, Dave. Call the out of hours number, that's working again now.
Rik
--------------------

JohnH

Everything okay again here, including FTP.   :)

Mouseroo

All is shiny once again    :D
Andy
----------

Your ability to bang your head against reality in the hope that reality will crack first is impressive, but futile!

Rik

The database server fell over. That holds all the user names and passwords, so it stopped people signing in to email, it stopped data being accessed for the RSS feed and customer portal, stopped sign ins for blog, gallery and, in some cases, FTP. It also stopped the out of hours voice number from forwarding messages to support. Fairly comprehensive really. :)
Rik
--------------------

gingergalore

thank you to all at idnet for their prompt service, as usual

:thumb:

Rik

Thanks, Ginger. We're blaming Martin, who had gone swimming. I keep telling him that water and computers don't mix, but will he listen? ;D
Rik
--------------------

camdave

Panic over - entered user name & password when requested and everything now sorted.
Funny thing was it I only had to do it for one account and not two others which I have.

David

Rik

Possibly the first one 'got disturbed' when you checked while the server was down?
Rik
--------------------