It will go bad soon...

Started by axisofevil, Aug 26, 2009, 11:44:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebby

You must have a noisier line than they think you should have, Steve, or they've got the line length wrong.

Gary

It said I could get 8Mbs which is my full sync, but of course no hint of WBC, thankfully  ;)
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

dean42

I just took a look at the BT check, gave it my phone number and told I can get max 4MB, gave it my postcode, told, great you can be part of the 20MB and you will get 6MB. Does not really check, does it now.

Glenn

Glenn
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Rik

Hi Dean and welcome to the form. :welc: :karma: No, it doesn't so much check as pluck a figure from the air. ;)
Rik
--------------------

zappaDPJ

Welcome to the forums Dean  :welc: :karma:
zap
--------------------

Ray

Ray
--------------------

Technical Ben

Said I can get 6.5, which is about half a mag slower than now :(
Although, I never understood BT and their "Upgrade from 2MB and get "up to" 8mb" and still keep 2mb ;) Now it's "upgrade from 2mb "up to 8mb" to "up to 20mb" and still keep you 2mb now!!!" or something to that extent.

It's like me saying I promise to give you up to a million pounds!* It's all advertising hogwash.

*any number from zero to one million decided by me!

Edit: Markup sorted
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

Technical Ben

Oops. I just realised I work for a company that does exactly this. We offer "unlimited returns" on investments, with only one promise, we will not loose your money. So in 5 years you get your money back... and nothing else  :red:
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

Rik

;D

That's probably slightly better than BT manage. ;)
Rik
--------------------

David

Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Colin Burns

rik
We estimate your maximum connection speed to be 0.256Mbps. This is the fastest speed your line can support.

i think that is probably the system for getting to lye and is actually telling you how fast you will go if you move to BT due to exchange congestion and lack of routing knowledge

Rik

Big fan of BT, eh Colin? ;)
Rik
--------------------

Colin Burns

they're my best friends rik but i think its you there after

Rik

They got me today, phone line was as crackly as hell. Miriam had an engineer here in two hours flat. I knew it was worth moving the phone to IDNet. ;D
Rik
--------------------

Colin Burns

and then they told it was your phone as they break it infront of you to slap you with a big hefty bill   :rant2:

Rik

Rik
--------------------