Replacement for DG834GT

Started by jonathancox, Sep 08, 2009, 20:27:01

Previous topic - Next topic

jonathancox

Hi all.

My Netgear DG834GT has served me well for over 4 years, but is now getting a bit flaky (doesn't broadcast SSID when asked, etc). I've got the latest DG team firmware..

Can anyone recommend a replacement? I'd like to stick with Netgear.

In an ideal world, a newer router would connect at a higher sync, too, on my WBC connection - currently c. 10.5meg, with downstream SNR margin of 6 ish and attenuation of 38db. Throughout is good, although I've not done a BT speedtest lately.

thanks!

Jon

Glenn

Jonathan  :welc: :karma:

IDNet sell the Netgear DG834 & DG834G routers, and the Netgear range are known to work on WBC without to many problems.
Glenn
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Simon

Can't add to that, except to say...  :welc:  :karma:
Simon.
--

Steve

In addition there's a new Netgear N Router out in October the DGND3300 which probably won't be cheap, I am assuming a similar price to the older DG834N
:welc:

Steve
------------

Lance

As to whether or not a new router will give a higher sync, I would say its unlikely but may be proved wrong.
Lance
_____

D-Dan

I hate to go against majority view - but I always come back to my Speedtouch 585v6 - which has consistently outperformed a variety of Netgear routers here - both on Max and WBC.

Steve
Have I lost my way?

This post doesn't necessarily represent even my own opinions, let alone anyone else's

glen

Quote from: D-Dan on Sep 09, 2009, 00:01:44
I hate to go against majority view - but I always come back to my Speedtouch 585v6 - which has consistently outperformed a variety of Netgear routers here - both on Max and WBC.

Steve
I have one of those but it's locked to AOL, but I've heard good reports about them.
They must find it difficult...
Those who have taken authority as the truth,
Rather than truth as the authority

Sebby

:welc: :karma:

It's unlikely that a new router would sync higher since you already have a router with what is said to be the best chipset for ADSL2+. I'd go for a DG834Gv4 personally. :)

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Ray

Ray
--------------------

jonathancox

Thanks everyone for input - very helpful!