IDNET slipping in the DSLZONE charts

Started by wecpcs, Sep 01, 2009, 21:05:27

Previous topic - Next topic

wecpcs

I have just noticed that IDNET has dropped a place in the DSLZONE charts and NEWNET and AQUISS have overtaken them, probably because of the number of problems being announced on here and elsewhere, although many of them are known to be BT related, but that does not help IDNET when they are losing customers, probably never to return.

My speeds have been excellent now for several weeks (non WBC) with only 1 router reset the other week around 7:30AM before I got up, so I do not know what caused that as it was not a power cut.

Colin

Colin Burns

well colin

my speeds have been great since i finnally got my full sync back but even when i couldnt get the full 8mb my line always went flat out for the profile i was on

hehe

yet another colin

Simon

Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Den

What do you call a clutch of colins ?
Mr Music Man.

D-Dan

Have I lost my way?

This post doesn't necessarily represent even my own opinions, let alone anyone else's

merlin

Simon

Simon.
--

Colin Burns

D-Dan

Back on topic - I have to say since I started using bRAS instead of sync (which I still think is fairer) I consistently hit the top 4 in DSLZone's speedtest charts. Just did a test (8pm) and went straight to the top of the tree. That should help :)

Steve
Have I lost my way?

This post doesn't necessarily represent even my own opinions, let alone anyone else's

Rik

:thumb:

I just lie and tell them I'm on a dial-up modem.  :evil:
Rik
--------------------

D-Dan

What I really like is all my tests are done at a time when everyone else is on a crippled contended connection, and I still make the top :)
Have I lost my way?

Rik

I've got a crippled connection tonight, Steve, I'm on the MK node. Still, I have been able to fire off a protest email to Ian Livingston.  :evil:
Rik
--------------------

bobleslie

Entitled.....

"Outraged - Milton Keynes"?
=Bob=.
Sky/Easylink LLU. Thankfully! ;-)

Rik

Something like that, Bob. I pointed out that, exactly two weeks after the first outage, I was once more being treated to the sight of endless failed PPP sessions and asked whether he really felt WBC was fit for purpose, or should I seek an LLU connection to achieve a decent level of service. It seemed to get his attention as I've had a reply, of sorts, already. ;)
Rik
--------------------

Sebby

I'm sure he'll take it very seriously, Rik. :sigh:

Rik

You were so right, Seb. His main concern seemed to be that I knew the terminology and, therefore, might work for BT.  :shake:
Rik
--------------------

JohnH

Quote from: Rik on Sep 02, 2009, 20:20:42
It seemed to get his attention as I've had a reply, of sorts, already. ;)

Out of Office?  ;D

Rik

No, John, but very inquisitive of my background. ;D
Rik
--------------------

JohnH

Quote from: Rik on Sep 03, 2009, 09:00:23
You were so right, Seb. His main concern seemed to be that I knew the terminology and, therefore, might work for BT.  :shake:

Rik, that fact alone should have told him you don't work for BT. I had a BT engineer here yesterday installing my new broadband line and he told me that he was a technophobe.  :o

John

Rik

Rik
--------------------

bobleslie

Quote from: lodge on Sep 03, 2009, 17:56:45
I had a BT engineer here yesterday installing my new broadband line and he told me that he was a technophobe.  :o

John

Sense of humour then.  ;)

Bit like the aerial installer who said he was afraid of heights.
=Bob=.
Sky/Easylink LLU. Thankfully! ;-)

Rik

That sounds more like a Sky installer, Bob. ;)
Rik
--------------------

JohnH

Quote from: Rik on Sep 03, 2009, 17:57:24
Does it work? ;D

I have to say that I am very happy with the results so far, although it's obviously still in the training period. With my existing line, the best I ever made was 3.5 MB despite an ADSL Nation plate etc.

IDNet Simon warned that obviously there could be no guarantee of improved speeds, but I thought 'what the hell' and went for it with a dedicated line straight into the house with no extensions.

Here's the latest router stats which have been pretty consistent since the line went live yesterday morning.

Connection Speed 7136 kbps  448 kbps
Line Attenuation    49.0 db    26.0 db
Noise Margin    5.6 db    22.0 db

IP profile is 6MB.

Pings have gone through the floor too, not that I am a gamer.

I am about 2.6 miles out from the exchange.

After the training period is up, I will try tweaking a bit with good old DG Team and see if I can get even more out of it.
Currently, on this new line, I have the DGT set at the default 100%.

John

Rik

That's a pretty good return on your investment, John.  :thumb:
Rik
--------------------