Loss of service reports

Started by rireed3, Sep 23, 2009, 16:37:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Simon

Oh, and by the way, I have all of the support numbers in my phone contacts.  :)
Simon.
--

zappaDPJ

Here we go again. Another total loss of service. Both connections have sync but all I'm getting is the BT Wholesale screen.
zap
--------------------

zappaDPJ

I'm back on ADSL after a very long power down ::)
zap
--------------------

zappaDPJ

Now ADSL has lost sync and FTTC is back up :mad:
zap
--------------------

zappaDPJ

And now both lines are down. I give up.
zap
--------------------

psp83

Think its time to phone support in the morning zap  :-\

I bet there's a BT engineer in the exchange saying "now he has internet, now he doesn't, now he does, now he doesn't"  ;D

Bill

Quote from: armadillo on Oct 11, 2010, 22:34:04
For me, by far the most important place to find the outage report is in a recorded message on the Technical Support phone number.

Agreed.

I don't have any (convenient) alternate internet access either. I noticed it was down after about half an hour, after I'd checked that it didn't seem to be at my end I rang the support number. That would have been about 45 minutes after the outage started, the message was there by that time.
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Rik

Quote from: JohnH on Oct 11, 2010, 22:21:55
By the way, when you log into the portal, it is still showing that an outage is under way.

Now fixed, John.
Rik
--------------------

Ray

Ray
--------------------

armadillo

Quote from: Bill on Oct 12, 2010, 08:50:21
Agreed.

rang the support number. That would have been about 45 minutes after the outage started, the message was there by that time.

Good - glad to know the message was there so quickly.

Also, thanks to all for the welcome. I use armadillo as my handle for anything to do with computers. I am armadillo on the think broadband forums too. Used to post a lot but not much nowadays. I migrated to idnet just under a month ago and I am pleased with my new pastures.

Steve

Steve
------------

esh

20/10/2010 10:59 BST, PPPoE went down for about 1 minute.
CompuServe 28.8k/33.6k 1994-1998, BT 56k 1998-2001, NTL Cable 512k 2001-2004, 2x F2S 1M 2004-2008, IDNet 8M 2008 - LLU 11M 2011

mrapoc

psp83

Mine is still down  :(

Ip address given : 172.16.36.83

Inkblot

Quote from: psp83 on Oct 20, 2010, 11:05:38
Mine is still down  :(

Ip address given : 172.16.36.83

Have 2 circuits wih IDNet, just lost them both. 1 was back up within a minute and is functioning normally, the other is still down showing an IP of 172.16.9.64, unfortunately thisis the one that runs a critical database and currently has our email delivered to it :(

The 0800 cannot connect my call (Overloaded) and the 01603 is engaged so no way to contact support although I'm sure they are aware of the problem anyway.

It's going to make it hard for me to convince the powers-that-be to move any more circuits over - our Easynet and BT circuits have never fallen over in more than 3 years

Tina

am down too- this is getting quite common these days :'(

dlorde

Mine went down at the same time and is still down. PPoE came back up within a minute, but I still have no internet access. Tried power-cycling network & routers, but no joy.

psp83

Phone line is busy so can't even get an update or eta when it's going to be back up :(

sparky

Web Mail seems down as well.

Reports "Server error Unknown"

sparky

Web Mail now working!

Oh what fun..........................

esh

We have yet another BT service failure this morning affecting around 50&% of lines. BT are aware and are investigating.
CompuServe 28.8k/33.6k 1994-1998, BT 56k 1998-2001, NTL Cable 512k 2001-2004, 2x F2S 1M 2004-2008, IDNet 8M 2008 - LLU 11M 2011

lozcart

Idnet are aware this taken from their website

2010-10-20 11:24: We have yet another BT service failure this morning affecting around 50&% of lines. BT are aware and are investigating.

psp83

2010-10-20 11:24: We have yet another BT service failure this morning affecting around 50&% of lines. BT are aware and are investigating.