Loss of service reports

Started by rireed3, Sep 23, 2009, 16:37:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

Quote from: cs on Oct 20, 2010, 16:45:30
Latest from the status page :

2010-10-20 16:42: Both of these faults have been escalated to the highest levels within BT due to the toally unacceptable length of time it is taking to find and fix the problems.

One might add 'again'. Twice in two weeks - it's not good enough, yet I bet BT accept no liability.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Wooloff

Tried phoning support but no answer. Guess they're busy with something. My parents connection is also down and they are on standard ADSL as well. So the problem is affecting more than just ADSL2 and FTTC.

esh

Hi Rik :D Good to see you swinging into action... except it would be nicer if you didn't have to.

IDNet will be a bald ISP before long :(
CompuServe 28.8k/33.6k 1994-1998, BT 56k 1998-2001, NTL Cable 512k 2001-2004, 2x F2S 1M 2004-2008, IDNet 8M 2008 - LLU 11M 2011

Rik

Quote from: Wooloff on Oct 20, 2010, 16:52:35
Tried phoning support but no answer. Guess they're busy with something. My parents connection is also down and they are on standard ADSL as well. So the problem is affecting more than just ADSL2 and FTTC.

They are busy laying into BT, drop them an email.
Rik
--------------------

Rik

Quote from: esh on Oct 20, 2010, 16:53:18
Hi Rik :D Good to see you swinging into action... except it would be nicer if you didn't have to.

IDNet will be a bald ISP before long :(

And that's just Miriam. ;D
Rik
--------------------

Steve

Quote from: Rik on Oct 20, 2010, 16:31:55
That's because BT have no cooling off period.

I think there is a cooling off period but that starts as soon as you request the service, and expires on activation, you are also liable for any intervening work.
Steve
------------

zappaDPJ

zap
--------------------

Wooloff

Just had a reply from support. It's affecting anyone on a CN21 exchange regardless of your current connection. That would be why mines down as well then. At least I know why now.

Rik

Thanks for that - how did you manage to get through? :)
Rik
--------------------

Wooloff

Quote from: Rik on Oct 20, 2010, 17:03:28
Thanks for that - how did you manage to get through? :)

I very nice sounding man called James, phoned. I was most shocked I'll take back what I said about support being not what it was.

Rik

James is a good lad - get him talking on food and you can hear him salivate. ;D
Rik
--------------------

drummer

My connection is back!!!!
To stay is death but to flee is life.

cs

My FTTC connection is back online now too
Chris

Steve

Steve
------------

Niall

My adsl max just this second came back online :)
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

Inkblot

Left work @ 16:45 with no Internet, got home @ 17:10 and it's back on again...let's hope it stays on now!

cs

6 hours 15 minutes downtime   >:(
Chris

Rik

Very similar to last time, I wonder if it suggests a repeat of the same problem with configuration?
Rik
--------------------

Niall

A repeat of morons working for BT if you ask me. Talk about not learning lessons ::)
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Simon

Simon.
--

Conrad

:rant2: Finally got my connection back. 

On a day when I REALLY needed an internet connection (have got an interview tomorrow and wanted to do some research) - THIS has to happen!  >:(

Now when I worked for <name of ISP hidden to protect the innocent>, we had a 4 hour SLA on critical faults. My connection was down for well over six hours today... and as we all know, this is the 2nd time this has happened in as many weeks!

I had a letter through the door this morning from BT stating "Get 3 months free broadband"...  Coincidence?

:rant2:

Support were good though.  Always called back when I left a message.  :thumb:

zappaDPJ

Quote from: Conrad on Oct 20, 2010, 17:28:46
I had a letter through the door this morning from BT stating "Get 3 months free broadband"...  Coincidence?

I had a similar offer from BT Infinity today. I wonder if BT lose Infinity customer authentications down the back of the company sofa...

zap
--------------------

sobranie

Quote from: cs on Oct 20, 2010, 16:45:30
Latest from the status page :

2010-10-20 16:42: Both of these faults have been escalated to the highest levels within BT due to the toally unacceptable length of time it is taking to find and fix the problems.

Mein Gott, surely not the tea lady. :eek4: :eek4:

winspiration

Quote from: karvala on Oct 20, 2010, 12:27:25
Exactly.  I don't mind paying more (substantially more these days given the ever-falling prices elsewhere), but I expect to get something for it.  When I came to IDNet, and when I suggested to many others that they should come as well, it was on the basis that it was the most trouble-free ISP, i.e. no silly restrictions or FUPs or port blocks, no call centre of script-readers in Bombay who would take a week to fix even a basic fault (if you could persuade them that there was a fault at all), very good customer service and very few outages.

Most of those things remain in place, but an increase in the number of outages in the last couple of years is clearly evident; the customer service is still good, but in my view has lost a little of its early lustre given one or two of my personal experiences which I won't rehash here.  Of course, I realise that the outages are almost never the fault of IDNet, and in that sense I feel sorry for them, but at the end of the day they're not my fault either.

I certainly hope they give BT a good kicking for this, assuming that yet again, the outage is BT's fault.

P.S.  Needless to say, my connection is also down again in this latest outage.

This is how I'm feeling too, after over 6 hours outage today, 8 hours just over a week ago and a 22 hour outage a few months back.

I moved to IDNET largely because reliability is a lot more important to me than price. Support is very contactable which is excellent and someone (I think Miriam?) did call me back today - however reliability just isn't happening right now.

To the uninformed eye (i.e. mine) all three major outages appear to be very similar - it seems that the same problems are just recurring over again and taking forever to fix each time, which doesn't give much confidence for the future  :po: